|25|

AG POV

I stare up at the white popcorn ceiling with no feeling inside of me besides numbness. The ceiling and the walls of the room almost represented what I was feeling. Bare, emotionless, incapable of ever feeling anything. I mean that would explain why I'm silent. I don't want to speak, but my eyes do.

The tears slide down my cheek and fall on the hospital bed. A heart attack is what they told me, it was how my body reacted to being told I couldn't play basketball. My life, my dream, my goal ripped away from me like it was nothing. The time, effort, sweat, and tears put into it, gone. 

To make matters worse, the love of my life bedded another woman. I can't help but wonder if this was her way of payback because if it was, she got her revenge. The pool of betrayal swimming inside of me. I was no longer swimming, I was drowning in it. 

I want my sister, that's the only person I can rely on right now. I need her more than anything, the only one I can trust. If she were here, she'd be making me laugh like a psycho, reminding of the time I first dislocated my knee. 

I can never get her back, but I imagine sometimes. Billie also threw a low blow at me regarding my father that I would've never thought. I would never think she would say something like that knowing how much of a sensitive topic that is me, and my entire family.

She embarrassed herself, embarrassed me, my mother. I understand the anger and resentment towards me and what I did completely justifies why she cheated. But I can't erase that wounded feeling inside of me. "AG?" I hear my name from a quiet voice and I turn my head to the voice and it was Billie standing there.

"Please, just give me a break." I say quietly. "I-"

"Shh," I shush her and she raises an eyebrow. "I understand why you needed space from me and I appreciate the fact that you didn't break up with me but just took some space. Those days when you weren't here, I was drinking away my guilt. 

I was falling asleep on any kind of medication I could get my fingers on. I stopped eating breakfast and started replacing it with beer. I became an addict within three months, that easy. Trust me, I know what I did to you was wrong and I don't know if there's anything I could ever do to make it up to you. But I never once ever even thought about being with someone else. 

I can already tell why you did it, to get revenge, to forget maybe, or to find the validation that I didn't give you at that time and I'm so sorry, it makes sense you said what you said about my dad, you were angry and knew easily how to hit me where it hurt. 

But you also have to understand that I was so focused on completing my sister's dream that I let the one father figure in my life manipulate me into an act that I can't erase but will regret until the day I die but if you can move on from me abusing you mentally and physically, I think I will find a way to move on from you and Kennedy, but Billie, I can't keep this going on, I need help. There's something wrong with me, I get so angry at times I don't even recognize myself. I just want someone to help me." I sigh heavily.

Billie just gives me a look that I can't exactly read and she cups my face, "Why the hell do I love you so much?" She asks herself. "Is that a bad thing?" I ask her. "No, it isn't." She laughs. "I love you more than anything in this world. You have your flaws, and I have mine. I don't want us to be like a couple that doesn't get along, but we both need help and I'm willing to go through anything to stay with you." 

"Thank you." I say and she finally locks our lips. After a month of her being back, I finally felt her lips on mine again. I run my fingers in her hair pulling her closer to me and we both hear. "Que demonios? (What the hell?)"

I break away from the kiss and my eyes widen at who it is. My aunt Maria who I haven't seen in two years, now I have a lot of aunts but she's the aunt I'm not out to. 

The homophobic aunt.

HOLA