|28|

AG POV

"Anna!" I hear my name being yelled by my Abuela. I walk out of my bedroom and into the kitchen where she is.

It's been two days since I've told my entire family about the cancer and they've been dealing with it heavily. But they know I can remove it, but right now, their main focus is my birthday which is tomorrow.

And trust me, my Abuela's is losing her sanity over it and Billie's been going in and out of the house lately and we haven't spoken to each other this morning which is unlikely.

"Yeah Abuela?" I answer when I get near her.

"Grace, tomorrow's your birthday!" Abuela shakes me violently.

"Yeah, I know." I laugh. "Why aren't you excited mija, IT'S THE BIG DIECIOCHO (Eighteen)!"

"I know! But it's not that big of a deal." I shrug.

"Está loco, hay tanto que planificar. ¡Globos, pastel! ¿Qué tipo de pastel te gusta? Chocolate or vanilla? Oo, que hay de terciopelo rojo? (Are you crazy? There's so much to plan! Balloons, cake, oh what kind of cake do you like? Chocolate, or Vanilla? Oo, what about red velvet?)" She begins to rant. 

"I don't care." I tell her. "Choose one, you have to."

"Uh, okay. Chocolate, no red velvet. Actually-" Me and Abuela find ourselves bickering for the next 30 minutes, turns out I did care about the cake.

"Mama's home." My mom's voice echoes. "Vanessa, did you buy the tortillas?" Abuela asks.

"Oh maldición (damn it), I knew I forgot something." My mom curses.

"I'll go get it." I volunteer. "No, it's your birthday week, I don't want to make you do stuff." My mom groans.

"I have nothing to do, I don't mind." I shrug. "Are you sure amor?" She asks and I nod grabbing my keys and my wallet. I walk out of the house and into my car.

I drive to the grocery store and while I'm there, my phone pings. I pull it out seeing it's a text from Billie.

-Guess what?-

-What mami?-

-I did something for your birthday-

-I told you I didn't want anything-
-Maybe some birthday sex and I'll be fine-

-You won't get any birthday sex if you don't guess what I did today-

-I don't know, Mac didn't text me this morning, so I'm guessing you two probably went shopping-

-I didn't want you to get it right, plus im in a hotel room-

-lol, what did you buy?-

-lingerie-

-oo, lemme see, wait what are you doing in a hotel room?-

-nope, you gotta wait and don't worry about the hotel, I'll be back-

-but i don't wanna wait-

-you have to-

-can i bargain?-

-what can you possibly tell me to get me to send you a pic?-