|14|

Billie POV

"Billie, have you heard?" Mom barges into my bedroom. "Heard what?" I ask shifting from my piano.

"AG, apparently she fought her coach and quit." Mom says. I close my journal and face her. "What?" I ask in disbelief.

She hands me her phone and I see an article.

'Last week, a rumor surfaced that star basketball player AG McDaniel's mother spurred an affair with team coach. In result, McDaniel got in a brawl with coach.

AG has been silent on all social media and has not been seen by anyone since the altercation. Meanwhile, Jason McIntyre's wife has filed for a divorce and the million dollar question is will AG come back and if she does, will she be able to clear her mother's name?'

I hand the phone back to Mom shaking my head. "Have you spoken to her?"

"No, I haven't." I tell her. "Maybe you should call her, she needs someone right now."

"I'm not calling her Mom, we're in an argument."

"Wait, is that you came back? Over a small argument?" Mom asks. "Who the hell said it was a small argument?" I scoff.

"So what was it?" She asks. "I don't wanna talk about it." I mumble. "Are you going to go her game?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "I hope you guys make up. I need to call Vanessa." Mom walks out of my room.

Mom and Vanessa are best friends and are actually the way me and AG met. "Okay, I'm going to go to the boardwalk!" I yell out to her.

I put on my beanie and I walk out of my room. I put on my sneakers and my phone before making my way to the boardwalk. The boardwalk is pretty far when walking but it's a nice day, so I can handle it.

I feel something collide from behind me and I quietly wince at the pain. I turn around to see a girl on her knees picking up papers that must've scattered everywhere when she bumped into me.

I reach down helping her and she says "I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I was in a rush and totally wasn't paying attention."

"It's fine," I tell her. "It happens." I get up handing her the papers I picked up. "I'm Kennedy." She says.