Chapter- 15

In ManPrIa Mansion

Manvik and Prathik were standing outside a particular room with such weird faces.

Manvik: Knock on the door..

Prathik: You too have hands right..so do it by yourself..

Manvik ( annoyed ): So, don't you have hands..?

Prathik ( glared ): I am not in a mood..

Manvik ( angry ): Did I ask you to dance on an item number..?

Prathik ( teased ): Oops sorry Big brother, I am not any Kareena Kapoor or Katrina Kaif that you would wish to see me dancing on an item number..

Manvik palmed his face..

Manvik ( irritated ): Fine, I will do it myself..

He opened the door and entered the room with lots of hesitation followed by Prathik..They both stood in the middle of the room and looked around.

Prathik ( scratched his head ): Buddy, are we in your room..?

Manvik ( confused ): What..

Prathik ( smirked ): Just look around..messed up..clothes are scattered around, blankets aren't folded and being untidy is your thing..So I just thought that we were in your bedroom..

Manvik was glaring at him like he would eat him up in raw.

Manvik: Shut up you idiot..

Prathik ( raised his hands ): Okay, chill..chill..chilla math na..

Manvik just shook his head but a particular point grabbed his direction..

Manvik ( absentminded ): They look so beautiful..

Prathik heard it and followed Manvik's gaze..

Prathik ( smiled ): True..Mom looks so different..

Manvik ( roamed his eyes ): Did he love her this much..?

The boys were just staring at the pictures hung on the walls. Their Mom looked so happy..That smile which is on her face was never seen by them. And the way their Dad was looking at her was saying how much he loves her..

Their trance was broken by a "cough" "cough"..They turned to see Manik standing there with arms folded on his chest and smile on his face..

Manik was in the washroom to get freshen up, he didn't want to disturb the mother-sons as he knew his sons are just like him and so always need privacy when they do become soft which is reserved for only loved ones..He came out of the washroom to see his sons staring at his photos with their mother or his Love..He had a wide smile on his face after understanding that they were actually admiring the pictures..

Manik ( coughed ): Ahem..You guys here..?

The boys looked at each other in nervousness..Why is it so difficult to say 'it'..While Manik was looking at them curiously..

Manik ( awkwardly ): You need something..?

Manvik ( rubbed his nape ): Uh..yeah..um..no..actually..

Manik ( raised his eyebrows ): Actually..?

Prathik ( bit his lips ): The thing is..We..we didn't know..know that..that..

Manik ( bad face ): Yeah, no, actually, the thing is, we didn't know that..are you going to speak like this to complete the whole sentence..?

Manvik and Prathik just wanted to hide their faces somewhere, they were never nervous like this. This was against their attitude..Both the boys composed themselves..

Manvik ( in one breathe ): Thankyouforwhateveryoudidformom...

Manik was looking at them with cringed nose and narrowed eyebrows, as he didn't understand what he just said..Prathik was staring at Manvik like ' What the hell dude '..

Manik: Um, I didn't get what you just said..

Prathik ( looked somewhere else ): Thank you for whatever you did for mom..

Manik stared at his sons for sometime but then a sweet smile formed on his lips..

Manik ( smiled ): You don't need to..She means a lot to me..Because my mistake, I have lost that right to say it to her..

ManPr stared at him without any emotion on their faces but then shrugged it off and moved out from there which did hurt Manik. But then Manvik stopped at the door without turning back..

Manvik: You were just helping Mom in making us understand that she didn't get hurt but I lost my control so...Sorry..Just for Mom's sake..

Saying this even he dashed outside with prathik while Manik was smiling like a fool inside..

Manik: They were nervous of apologizing and Thanking, God..they are just like me..Thank you Jaan...

At Night

Nandini had her food from the bedroom itself with her babies..Mia and Nandini was feeding each other..

Mia ( glared ): Mom, have this..

Nandini ( whined ): Mia..please..

Mia ( stubborn ): No means no..You need to have this..

She made a bad face but then had it..

Mia ( dramatically ): Ek tho apna medicines miss kiya aur oopar se yaha aapko khana bhi nahi chahiye..kabhi tho bachpana chodo..

Nandini ( haww ): Acha ji..agar mein bachi hui tho tum kon ho..

Mia ( grinned ): Humein koi difference hi nahi mumma..

Nandini cringed her nose but then both of them started laughing while the boys were just sighing..

Manvik: Mom, you need rest..stop laughing..

Nandini: Manu, laughing is good for health..

Prathik ( sarcastically ): Really, then why don't we four sit together and start laughing, its good for health right..

Nandini ( glared ): It was lame..

Manvik ( huffed ): Its not the issue..sleep mom..

Nandini ( sighed ): Fine..but let's sleep together..

" As you say "

All 4 lied on the bed and closed their eyes..But Nandini couldn't get sleep..Today's confrontation with Manik was just eating her up..She could see guilt in his eyes, he wanted her and the babies with him but she couldn't forgive him..

Soon she felt a hand on her hair..

Nandini ( gasped ): Manik..

She opened her eyes to see him sitting on the chair near to the bed..He just palmed her eyes..

Manik ( softly ): You need to sleep..

He caressed her hairs and hummed a sweet tune which made her slip in a deep slumber. Once he knew she was slept, he kissed her forehead followed by his kids and went outside. But soon two pairs of eyes were shot open. It was Manvik and Prathik who wasn't asleep since they knew Nandini couldn't sleep but they heard her whispering his name and opened their eyes half to see him making her sleep. " Does he really care for her..? " thought the boys..

To be continued..