Chapter- 17

In ManPrIa Mansion

Mia's Bedroom

Manik was listening to Mia's blabbering as she was showing their photo Album to him, while he was having tears to see those pictures..

Manik didn't know should he get happy seeing his Love and kids's photos or should eh cry that he couldn't be with them at the moments..

Mia ( confused ): Dad..are you crying..

Manik looked at her surprised..he touched his cheeks to feel water droplets on his face, which clearly meant he was crying..Was he crying..The Manik Malhotra who have cried till now only to get back his love is crying again, well since Nandini has left, he could only cry..Before if it was for Nandini's come back then now-a-days his kids used to be the reason, as he couldn't be with them..

Manik ( wiped his face ): No..it was just..

Mia: Khushi ke aansu..?

Manik ( surprised ): What..?

Mia ( not so sure ): Um..khushi ke aansu..I have see mom crying and she tells that she is happy to see us smiling and so her tears are called khushi ke aansu..

He smiled faintly..He knew it wasn't just tears of happiness for her, it was her way of consoling her children that she wasn't crying because of her husband but just getting happy to see her children happy..

He kissed her forehead, while Mia smiled sweetly at him which made him smile too..Their moment was broken by a voice..

Voice: Mia..

The duo turned to see Nandini entering the room while adjusting her Saree's pallu..

She was looking sinfully beautiful that Manik's breathe got hitched in his throat..He smiled brightly and murmured " She still looks the most beautiful in saree "..

While Mia ran towards her and hugged her knees making her chuckle..She knelt down and hugged her properly..Manik smiled but then frowned after seeing her chuckling..They broke the hug..

Mia ( smiled ): Mom..you look so beautiful..

Nandini ( giggled ): Thank you Baby sahiba..Par kya ye hug har baar zaroori hai..

Mia ( cutely ): Of course..aapko patha hai..you look the most beautiful in Saree and so I always feel like hugging you whenever you wear it, its like a wish granted..

Nandini could just smile faintly..Like father-like children..Her children too find her the most prettiest in Saree, Mia asks her to wear it while the boys asks her not to wear it as they don't want any men to look at their mother..And here Manik was standing shocked..His thoughts and his kids' thoughts are too much similar..

Nandini stood up and that's when she noticed Manik in the room..She looked surprised but then composed herself..

Nandini: Acha Mia..lets get ready..

Mia ( smiled ): Ever ready..

Nandini smiled and took her to the washroom and made her take bath while outside the room Manik took a dress from the closet and kept it on the bed..

Soon the duo came out of the washroom and Nandini made Mia stand on the bed who was standing in a towel. She noticed the dress..

Manik ( started wiping Mia's hair ): If you don't like, you don't need to make her wear it..

She stared at him for sometime..

Nandini: Mia..kya tum ye pehenna chahthi ho..?

Mia ( grinned ): Mom, you know that's my favorite..

Manik hid his smile..She knew that dress was Mia's favorite and so she would have make her wear it but she didn't want him to think that she is accepting his choice..The same old Nandini who once used to keep on show that Manik Malhotra does't affect her..

She started making her wear it..

Manik: Uh baby..where are your accessories kept..

Mia: I don't know..

Manik ( shocked ): What..? Main tumhare accessories ke barein mein pooch raha hoon kisi aur ka nahi..

Mia ( sheepishly smiled ): Wahi tho patha nahi..mumma knows all these things..

Manik chuckled at her baby antics..

Manik: Teek hai, tho kya Mia baby sahiba ki mumma batha sakthi kya..?

Nandini ( glared ): Agar nahi bathaya tho kya Mia baby ke Dad chup rah sakthe..?

Manik rubbed his nape and nodded in No making her sigh in disbelief..While Mia stood there in confusion..poor baby didn't understand that her mumma was taunting her dad, as only her mother knows how impatient Manik gets when he does something he likes which is happening now also..

Nandini: The pink wardrobe..

He looked at his left to see the pink wardrobe. He opened it to see Mia Manik Malhotra's accessories..The wardrobe was very huge and it was fully covered with accessories..Really Nandini never wanted her kids to feel like some ordinary people and so she fulfilled all their wishes even before asking for it..he smiled brightly after understanding that no matter if he is with them or not, she was there with his kids and so she never left them feel uncomfortable in any way..

By the time Manik has returned with the perfect accessories after searching for it, Nandini has made her ready..He looked at his daughter in awe..truly she was looking adorable..He made her wear a bracelet and a bangle in hands and a pendant around her neck,and earring..

Manik ( in tears ): You look beautiful baby, like an Angel..

Mia kissed his forehead with the sweetest smile of her's making him smile while Nandini looked at that scene with tears in her eyes..how much she has wished to see this sight..Mia turned to her and kissed her cheeks..

Mia: Love you Mumma..

Nandini: Love you too baby..

Mia ( dramatically ): Okay now let me check my brothers..they are quiet lazy, I need to make sure they get ready on correct time..

She went away while Nandini giggled at her daughter and Manik was staring at her..Seeing his intense gaze, she decided to move away when he caught her wrist..

Nandini ( glared ): Leave my hand Manik..

Manik ( nodded ): I will..but you need to accept this..

Nandini looked at him confused..He took something from his pocket and showed it..

Nandini ( emotionless ): No, I won't take it..

Manik: Please..

Nandini ( coldly ): I said No..

She was about to leave after freeing her hand..

Manik ( whispered ): Jaan..

She stopped in her tracks..she used to get happy whenever he calls her like that, it has always made her believe that she means the world to him..He hugged her from behind and made her lean on him making her sigh..

Nandini ( teary eyes ): You are the reason for this cold Nandini..

Mnaik ( tears came out ): I know..and I know an apology won't be enough, so I am ready to bear this cold Nandini cause I know My Jaan is still alive in you..

Saying this he took her hand in his and made her wear the thing which he asked her to take it just now..She looked at it while he caressed her knuckles..

Manik: I will wait to get my Jaan back, even if I have to wait till my last breathe..

He kissed her side of the head and left the room while she closed her eyes and let the tears come out..

Nandini ( whispered ): I missed you Mani..

To be continued..