Chapter 2;

Three Months Later..

Holly's POV

New York was treating me well. In three months I had settled in so well it was like I'd lived here all of my life.

Moving here changed me, in a good way. I was healthier, happier.. myself. I was me again.

There were no attachments of Harry to New York, no memory of him here so I was able to have a clean slate, meet new people, make new friends.

I also found out over here that my stalker back in England had been sentenced to a year in prison. He'd been under watch ever since I reported my incident, they couldn't arrest him for the assault because there were no witnesses, however he'd been stalking someone else and they'd caught him. Although I was in New York now I was still relieved.

I grin running to my front door as the doorbell rang, immediately opening it and seeing Eleanor standing there, suitcase behind her.

We squeal, hugging each other and jumping up and down. "You're here!" I laugh excitedly.

"Finally!" She exclaims.

I take her bags and roll them into the guest room before meeting her in the livingroom. It was the first time I'd seen her in person in three months, we FaceTimed a lot but she'd finally cleared some days at work to fly over.

"This place is amazing." She gasped looking around, petting Harly when she saw her curled on the sofa.

I smile proudly. I'd really made it my own, I felt proud of having it. I preferred an apartment to a house, I wasn't so lonely.

"Let's do all that later, we need coffee!" We grab our bags and head out.

-

"So how have you been?" She smiles as we sip our drinks, she ordered a panini, I ordered a salad.

"I have been amazing, I can't tell you how much being here has been a relief to me."

"Your hair is gorgeous by the way,"

"Thanks," I blush. Coming here, I needed a change, I cut my hair to my shoulders and dyed it darker, it had grown now and the colour was more red than dark brown but I was still loving it.

"How is this mystery man of yours?" She raises her eyebrow.

I blush again. "He's great, he's really, really great."

"Look at you all smitten."

I chuckle. "Yeah.." Truth is, I was smitten. Well and truly. He's called James and he's an investment banker. He's the first guy I've really had feelings for since Harry.

"He treats you well?"

"Really well, he said he'll come later and actually meet you."

"Can't wait." She beams.

"He's the sweetest Eleanor, at first I couldn't really believe a guy could be like that, I thought it was some act, but it's not. He genuinely so sweet."

"I'm glad you're happy, finally."

I eat some salad. "Me too, believe me."

"You'll have to invite him to my wedding then, won't you?"

My eyes widen, my jaw dropping. "You and Louis.." I point in shock.

She grins. "Yep!"

We both squeal quietly to each other.

"I'm still your maid of honour?"

She rolls her eyes. "Of course, we'll have to plan a lot whilst I'm here, and the rest on facetime."

"Of course, when is it?"

"September."

I almost spit my drink out. "You are aware that's four months away, right?"

She smirks. "Yes, I have all my plans from before still in tact, I just had to move it to September."

I swallow. "I can't believe it,"

She shakes her head. "Me neither."

"James will definitely want to come, I'm always telling him about England."

She smiles. "He can be your plus one,"

- -

We spent the day shopping, talking and laughing. It felt so great to have my best friend in New York spending time together.

Once back at the apartment, I put in a pizza for us, although I do like to be healthy now, pizza wasn't on the list of things to cut out - who can cut out pizza?

Around six, there was a ring at my doorbell. "That'll be him," I smile opening the door to my gorgeous boyfriend.

"Evening." I kiss him.

James smiles cupping my chin gently. "Evening beautiful."

He drops his over night bag down before following me into the living room.

"Eleanor, James." I introduce. "James, Eleanor."

Eleanor blushes standing up and shaking his hand. "Lovely to meet you," She greets.

"Likewise," He responds politely. He then turns to me kissing me again. "Mind if I take a shower?"

I kiss him back. "Go for it,"

He smiles taking his bag and heading to my bathroom.

"Sweet holy mother of Jesus Hol.." Eleanor gawks.

"Alright, get your tongue in." I tease nudging her hip before checking the pizza.

"He's hot, maybe I should move to New York.."

"I'm sure your fiancé would love that?" I smirk.

She laughs. "He can be persuaded."