Chapter 12;

Holly's POV

It had been three weeks since the whole Harry situation, we texted but it didn't flow, there was no conversation just a 'how are you?' and 'up to much?' conversation.

I realised that our texts died down a lot when it was rumoured his girlfriend was joining him on tour. And from the recent photos, the rumours were confirmed. There were several, mainly of them holding hands, smiling and laughing together, different stories each day talking about dates he'd taken her on the night before.

I was fine with it, or I thought I was. One particular date he'd taken her on had shaken me up, cut deep.

He took her ice skating.

It's pathetic really, that it made my heart ache. I bet she doesn't know the reason he likes ice skating, does she know about Natalie?

I didn't like the envy that had grown inside of me so I clicked out of it and returned to my work.

James and I had made up, he believed that nothing happened and apologised for being so angry. How hilarious is that? He apologised for being angry. That's why I love him.

I saw an incoming call from my mum, I rolled my eyes sitting back. I was working from home today, I was in a huge jumper that was James', some pyjama bottoms and fluffy socks.

"Hello mother,"

"Hi Holly."

I had to check it was my mother calling, her voice so sad. I was expecting her usual hello darrrling that I hated.

"Mum? Is everything okay? How's Greece?" I roll my eyes.

Yes my mum had moved to Greece in the end to be with some guy she met on the internet. I couldn't believe it but she'd been there just over a year now and from the photos I can see she hasn't done much except gain an amazing tan.

"That's why I'm calling."

I frown rolling my pen between my fingers.

"I'm not in Greece anymore, I'm in England."

"O..kay."

"I've had to move back." She announces.

This confused me even more, what the hell was she talking about? What's going on?

"Why? Aren't you enjoying living with Favio?"

She sighs. "That's not his name, and I can't live with him."

"Why? What's happened?"

"This isn't easy for me to say, so you just have to be quiet and listen okay?"

I was worried now, my heart racing.

"We.. We got married when I was there."

"You WHAT?" I just about shouted down the phone.

"Holly please."

"Sorry." I pout.

"We were married and, it all went downhill from there. He's taken every last drop."

"What?" I gasp.

"He.. He's a fraud, I wasn't aware of this.. He's taken all of my money Holly, I'm going to have to sell the house here, and the cars."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. All that money he had taken wasn't my mothers hard earnt money, it was my fathers.

"How stupid could you be?!" I exclaim.

I was angry, but thankfully before I left the UK I was able to take all of my money my father had left me and put it in my account. I was fine, earning and having a living here meant my fathers money could sit and be left alone.

"I know, I.."

"You left your family, your children to be with some guy you met on the internet, you marry him and now you have no money whatsoever!"

"I didn't know-"

"That's not the fucking point!" I shout.

"I know and Sophia has shouted at me too, also your brother. I get it, I'm stupid."

"Too right." I swallow the sudden rush of realisation hitting me. "You're ringing me to ask for money, aren't you?"

"Well I-"

"You really think I'd be out of my mind enough to lend you any money after everything?!" I scoff.

"I'm your mother-"

"Yeah." I laugh bitterly. "My alcoholic, socialite never-worked- a day mother."

"Holly-"

"I'll fly over."

"What?"

"To England, I'll fly to England for a few days, I'll pay for your lawyers or whatever you need to pay for this shit to get sorted but I will not give you money. No way."

"Thank you-"

"Don't thank me."

I end the call instantly reaching for my laptop to look up the first flights to London. I knew it was rational and my mother didn't even deserve me to do this, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to go back, see Eleanor while I'm there, and maybe Gemma.

I book my flights for two days time, I email my boss and tell her it's an urgent family issue which it kind of is. She was okay with me going, only asking for me to work whilst I'm there and email what I do.

"Well," I sigh looking down at a sleeping Harly. "Looks like I'm going back to London."

_________________________
A/N:

Cute Harry photo included bc I couldn't find a photo relating to this chapter (I'm too tired)