Chapter 23;

A/N:

Double update because I'm nice.. also off my break although I've still updated on my break haha..

Holly's POV

I sit with Eleanor in Starbucks as we gossip and drink, like old times. I wasn't able to have my usual coffee as the doctor told me whilst I'm on medication I should only drink limited amounts of tea and no coffee at all.

"You seem a little low?" Eleanor asks biting into her bagel.

I shake my head, my finger tracing the lid of my hot chocolate. "I hate not remembering things, I can't help but feel Harry is hiding things from me, i.."

Eleanor's face flashes with guilt, as if she knew something I didn't.

"What is it?" I swallow. "Please Eleanor, if you know anything, please.. just tell me, I'm going out of my mind."

She places her bagel down with a sigh. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you."

"Is it about this Rachel girl?"

Her face was surprised.

"I read a text from her, he's been cheating, hasn't he?"

Eleanor shakes her head. "He can't cheat when you're not together."

"What?" I frown.

She sighs, I could see she was conflicted, pulled between being loyal to me and to Harry. "I shouldn't but I have to, you're my best friend."

"Right."

"Just over a year ago, you got a promotion.. in New York. You moved there and restarted your life again."

"But what about Harry? Where was he?"

"You two broke up,"

The news hits me hard. We broke up? Why wouldn't he tell me?

"You two broke up, then you moved to New York, you met James and fell in love with him. He calls me all the time to check on you."

James?

"..You were back in England to help your mum sort out the fraud thing when you were hit, Harry then stayed by your side until you woke up."

"But why? If we weren't together? And where does Rachel come into this?"

"He's still in love with you. Painfully in love with you in fact, and when he found out you met James he tried to move on too..cue where Rachel comes in."

"So we aren't even together?"

She shakes her head.

"He just.. he.." I shake my head, I knew this was too good to be true, that things seemed off.

"I can't believe he lied to me."

Eleanor sighs. "He did it out of love, he didn't want to lose you again I guess."

I frown. "You're really defending him? You think what he's done is a good thing?"

She shakes her head vigorously taking my hand. "I never said I agree with it, just.. I understand why he's done it."

Unlike Eleanor I don't understand why he's done it. What do I do now? My homes not even in England anymore. I can't go back to his.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," I push my drink away, not in the mood to consume anything anymore.

"Talk to him?"

I swallow taking my phone out and searching for flights to New York, I know I'm not supposed to fly yet but surely just a broken ankle can't stop you?

I find a flight for a weeks time and save the page before locking my phone again. I smile looking up at her, my phone in my bag. "Yeah.. I'll talk to him."