Chapter 15;

A/N:

Just to warn you, you probably won't like me by the end of this chapter. Let me tell you that now because there won't be a A/N like normal.

P.s I will finish this book THEN start Drifted. Everyone keeps saying 'finish this book first' which I will do of course, I wouldn't leave you hanging, I know you love #harly ;) - I just wanted to know if you liked an idea of a new book..

______

Holly's POV

"Aunty Holly!" Isobel's sweet voice cheered when she opened the door, Gemma stood behind her with a smile on her face.

"Issy!" I grin opening my arms for her to jump into. I picked her up and swing her around, she giggles holding her arms around my neck. "You're so big now!" I put her back down before picking up my handbag and stepping inside.

"I'm six nearly seven you know," She rolls her eyes finding her iPad mini and starting a game.

"That's new," I raise my eyebrow looking over at the console in her hands.

Gemma sighs. "Harry bought it her,"

I nod silently. It was strange, knowing he bought her that, to know I wasn't there for that memory, or to tell him he shouldn't buy a child an iPad, it was such a Harry thing to do though; I could imagine him just shrugging and saying 'couldn't help it'.

"She's permitted to an hour a day," Gemma adds. "A little longer today because I was working from home, there's no internet on it, just simple games I installed."

I smile over at her. "Miss Issy, don't you want to come and tell me about school?" I ask as Gemma leaves to check on the shepherds pie she was cooking.

By the time the dinner was ready, I had been filled in with all I needed to know about Isobel's school, her best friends are called Ellia and Hannah, her teacher; Miss Parkins, is getting married next year and is the best teacher because on Fridays she gives each child a chocolate.

"So how is New York? Heard you got a fella'.." Gemma winks.

I smile. "New York is good, and James is very good."

Isobel looks at me. "You don't love Uncle Harry anymore?"

I swallow side eyeing Gemma. "I love him of course. But like I love mummy, as a friend."

She furrowed her eyebrow. "So you're not my Aunty anymore?" Her eyes hurt.

I freeze, my heart shattering. "I'll always be your Aunty Holly," I brush some hair off her face. "Always," I promise.

"Promise?" Her eyes wide.

"Promise," I take her hand. "Pinky?"

She smiles linking hers with mine. "Pinky." She repeats.

The evening was pretty relaxed, I watched an episode of Isobel's favourite show before putting her to bed whilst Gemma prepare us some tea and biscuits.

Gemma and I then spent the next couple of hours catching up, giggling, drinking too much tea and gossiping about people I use to know when I lived in London.

At around 9:30pm I decided to call it a night knowing I'd have to be up tomorrow to sit with god knows who to deal with my mothers ordeal.

"I'm so sorry I can't drive you." Gemma pouts on her doorstep. "Cars been in the garage for a week now, idiots." She tuts.

I reach for my phone. "It's a fifteen minute walk to Eleanor's it's fine, if it rains I'll text her to pick me up."

"You sure you're okay walking home?"

I roll my eyes. "It's barely ten and I'm a grown women, I'm fine." I hug her and kiss her cheek.

"It was great seeing you Hol. I'm so glad you're happy again."

I smile. "I'll come round before I head back to new york, okay?"

She nods. "Text me when you're home safe,"

I smile walking down her path, "Of course."

Walking back to Eleanor's was quite refreshing, walking through the old streets I once rushed around. Reaching the country road that lead to Eleanor's I felt my bag for my purse, you know that sudden panic when you know you've forgotten something?

"Shit I've forgotten my purse," I grown taking my phone out.

Me: Hi gem, left my purse at yours.. fetch tomorrow at some point xx

Gem: No problem xx

I slide my phone into my jacket pocket before shifting my bag further up my shoulder. I shivered from the wind, although it's spring it can still get cold at night time - it is England we're talking about here.

Walking with a smile I see a car pass me by, a few others zooming past too. I walked with my head down as I saw a car driving towards me, the headlights too bright. As the car got closer it didn't seem to slow down, the lights getting brighter and brighter as I tried to avoid them; I walked closer to the trees but it didn't do much.

Within seconds I was hit, I felt the impact take the breath from my lungs. My eyes clenching in pain. My jaw dropping in shock. I was falling, my head smacking against the pavement, there was shouting and voices, but my brain couldn't focus on anything as my eyes slowly closed, my lips parted as I felt more breath leave my body.