Chapter 18;

Harry's POV

15 days.

15.

15 long, agonising days.

She'd been laying in the same bed, in the same sheets, with the same expression for 15 days. I was getting use to talking to silence, holding her luke warm hand, kissing her forehead.

The bruises and cuts were healed, they were either gone or almost gone. She had a better colour to her face and her heart monitor hadn't played up again.

The police had four suspects, and confirmed it was a hit and run, apparently whoever did it knew her family, luckily she wasn't carrying money, so them stealing her handbag - or hitting her with the car even was for nothing because - thank god - she left her purse at Gemma's. I'm just glad they've caught them.

Work were bugging me, I switched off my phone, tweeting every so often careful not to alarm people of what was going on. The press had snapped photos of me leaving the hospital once, writing stories about me being ill to me visiting a sick family member; I never commented not wanting to add fuel to the fire. I just kept quiet.

I'd actually gotten to know James quite well, he was a good guy, into good music. He flew back to New York yesterday, unlike me he couldn't put work off any longer but promised to come back the second she was awake.

"Any day now," I kiss Holly's hand as I sip my tea. "Just.. When you wake Hol.. Please remember me." I plead. "Please remember me."

Holly's POV
(18 days of being in a coma).

There was humming noise, and a beeping, it wasn't loud but consistent. I couldn't open my eyes, but I could feel. I could feel a warmth on my right hand, material in my left.

Twitching my toes I felt a bed sheet rustle. I heard a small gasp, and someone call my name. It was a male voice, and I knew it, how could I not?

Harry.

I tried to smile but it was as if my mouth was frozen too.

"Hol.. Hol twitch your toes again! Or.. Or squeeze my hand, come on squeeze it!" He begged.

Oh Harry. I love you Harry.

I tried for all it was worth to squeeze his hand but I couldn't, my brain wasn't sending the right signals, I was angry, I couldn't speak; open my eyes; squeeze his hand.

Mum? I thought. Where is my mum?

I twitched my toes again, the warmth in my right hand disappearing; making it cold like my left.

I heard gasping and Harry calling for a nurse. Minutes later I heard a nurse telling Harry to stand to the side whilst she checked me over. I felt liquid slipping through my veins, it was cold, I felt cold.

I felt my eyes grow tired, they were lulled even though they weren't open.

Minutes later I was engulfed by the darkness, slipping into the oh so familiar unconsciousness.

Harry's POV

I didn't understand. I was frustrated, she heard me, she twitched her toes, she could hear.. That must mean she's waking up..right?

The nurse had topped up her drugs, inducing her back into a coma again, I asked why, pleading with the doctor to explain to me why they'd do that when she was waking up but apparently she needed the drugs, that now they can start to lower her intake, which means she may slowly start to wake up.. As long as she 'responds well' spoke the doctor.

"From now on you'll be able to speak to her and she may be able to hear you, although she cannot communicate with you, speaking to her may help. Tell her stories or about your day.. Anything."

And three days later I sat doing just that, although I was interrupted by her mother who was now in the middle of facing the trial with her fraudulent ex-husband as well as trying to visit Holly as much as possible.

"How is she?" Her mother spoke.

"She hasn't twitched but she's doing okay," I smile sadly.

"She's going to wake up and be just fine. She's a McIntyre, they're strong women."

If Holly was awake she'd definitely be rolling her eyes right now.

"They're wanting to discuss her after care," Her mother spoke, clutching Holly's hand.

"What? What's that?"

"Well, they reckon in the next week she'll be awake, she'll be here two or three weeks and then she'll return home."

My heart stopped. She can't just return to New York. I can't do all of this waiting for her to go back and forget about me.. If she hasn't already.

"But she can't go back to New York." Her mother added. "The doctor said she can't fly for at least three months.. She won't be able to stay at Eleanor and Louis' for much longer because they're travelling before the wedding and Sophia-"

"She can stay at my place." I immediately offer.

"Oh Harry that's lovely but-"

"No, she can. I don't mind, it's a huge house.. It needs someone in it, I'll be able to move things around and look after her."

"Harry you can't just postpone your life-"

"I can and I will." I turn back to look at Holly. "I'd do anything for her, she's coming home with me."