Chapter 8;

Holly's POV

The second I turned on my computer at work I was bombarded with emails requesting an article. I had no idea the subject of the article or what it was about until I opened it.

It was an article about Harry and rumoured girlfriend Rachel Wright. She was a nobody, a plain jane with a university degree. Apparently it was already news in the UK but because it's the US and he wasn't so big here the news didn't travel as fast.

As I looked at the photos of them I didn't feel a pull or a 'I wish that was me', I just felt blank.

She was pretty, really pretty in fact. If I didn't know any better I'd assume she was some model - but I know Harry better than that. Her smile soft as she holds Harry's hand, they were leaving a restaurant, I couldn't tell which.

He seemed happy, a smile on his face as he walked to his car, he still had the same one from what I can see unless he's bought another that's the same but slightly upgraded - that sounds like what he'd do.

His hair had grown, his style different.. he'd grown up.

She was slim, not skinny but slim, athletic actually. I couldn't help but envy her effortless hair and makeup, she looked as if she hadn't done much with it at all.

I emailed my manager and told her to pass the article to someone else, I couldn't possibly write about my ex boyfriend. I mean, how unprofessional.

Thankfully, she was kind and passed the article on, I was given a beauty one instead, my head feeling a lot less pressured when reading it over.

By lunch time I was ready to just go home, instead I went to lunch with Christine who I work with, and returned. James texted me throughout the afternoon, he finished early and went to my place taking Harly for a walk for me.

Around 5, Harry text me. He simply asked if I was still going to the show tomorrow, I replied with a yes, which he seemed delighted about texting me the details of who I go to.

When I finally got home from work James had cooked, I felt strange for a moment, walking in with James there smiling holding a lasagne with oven gloves. It was like I was walking into the future, this was my future, returning home to him.

And I didn't know if I liked it.

"Hey babe, you okay? You look a bit pale." James frowns cupping my cheek.

"Yeah," I smile dropping my bag and kissing him. "Strange day.. that's all." I half lie.

"I made us lasagne,"

I kiss him, "Thank you, I'll just change into something comfortable."

Getting changed I felt okay again, I couldn't freak out over something so small. James was just being a boyfriend, a good boyfriend. I'd never felt so stable with someone as much as I have with him. I know his every move, he always texts me what he's doing, there's no catch. He wasn't going to hurt me.

Checking my phone I saw another text from Harry.

Harry: Am I allowed to say I can't wait to see you?

Me: I don't know

Harry: Then I won't

Me: It's just going to be weird for me, you have to understand that.

Harry: Me too, it's been so long

Me: Exactly.

He didn't reply after that, this fuelled my final decision. Walking back downstairs to James he smiled pouring me some water.

"Babe.."

"Hmm?" He nodded watching himself pour water.

"Fancy coming to a gig with me tomorrow night?" I finally ask.