Chapter 19;

Holly's POV
(20 days in coma).

I could feel warmth in my right hand again, I could hear the beeping again, breathing, movement,voices. This time when I wiggled my toes I was able to wiggle my fingers too.

"Holly?"

Harry.

"Hol, I'm here it's okay." He spoke, my hand still warm.

I was able to twitch my lips before the warmth in my hand was gone and Harry's voice faded, I could faintly hear voices and Harry calling for a nurse.

Harry's POV.

There were two nurses and a doctor in Holly's room, they'd been in there for a while. The second I called for a nurse I was told along with Holly's mother to stand outside.

What felt like days later they eventually left the room, the doctor smiling at us while the nurses left us in privacy.

"She answered all the major questions correctly, such as what her name was, her date of birth, what year it is.. she doesn't seem to have any long term memory issues, when it comes to short term.. we don't know."

"How long is short term?" I ask.

The doctor raises his shoulders, "It could be up to a year, six months, three weeks.."

"Is it likely?" Her mother asks quietly.

"Potentially, like I said.. we'll have to wait and see."

"Can we go in?" I ask excitedly.

"You can go in, but I wouldn't bombard her, or ask her anything too complex. Easy conversation."

Her mother and I both nod before entering, she turned and smiled. "Harry," She croaked, her mother sitting beside her instantly.

I let the two of them talk, she was looking a lot better.. well, better than when she first came here.

When her mother excuses herself to go and get something to eat Holly turns and smiles at me. "Hi,"

I take her hand. "Hi,"

"They told me about being hit, don't feel you have to watch your words." She chuckles.

"How do you feel?"

She smiles lazily. "Had better days,"

"You scared me Hol."

"I'm sorry,"

I shake my head. "Don't apologise, ever."

"Thank you for my teddy bear," She giggles her eyes looking at the bear James brought by a couple weeks ago.

"Oh, that's not from me,"

"Who is it from then?" She laughs. "Who else would buy me a 'i love you' teddy?"

My heart pounds. "Huh?"

She rolls her eyes.

Good to have her back.

"I didn't get you that, James did."

She smirks. "James? Who the hell is James?" She scoffs.

Oh no, no, no, no.

This is not good.

"Harry.. is there something you're not telling me? I mean we're together, why wouldn't you buy me that teddy?"

I swallow. "I'm just joking." I lie trying to figure out how i'm going to explain all of this to her.

She rolls her eyes again. "If I could, I'd pinch your nipple." She jokes.

She continues to blabber on, talking about things we use to do together over a year ago as if it was the present.

"..And when I get home I'm going to kiss Harly, have you been walking her? The vet said she is able to start going on longer walks now she isn't so little.."

I phase out what she's saying, completely and utterly shocked.

She's forgotten.

"..And did you give your mum her birthday present from us? I'm so sorry I missed it," She looks over at me expectantly.

"Oh er-yeah, yeah she loved it." I cough into my fist.

"Good. Took me ages to find that damn scarf." She rolls her eyes. "And how's little Issy? I've missed so much these past how ever many weeks, is pre-school going well?"

"She.. she's at school. She's 7."

She double looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Issy? Seven? You okay?" She laughs squeezing my hand.

"Yeah, babe look.."

"Holly!" Eleanor bursts in, Louis trailing.

"El!" She smiles.

Louis looks over at me, smile on his face until he sees my expression. His face drops, walking over to me. "You alright man?"

I watch Eleanor and Holly talk animatedly, sitting back and moving over for Louis to sit down too.

"She's forgotten,"

His face pales. "Forgotten what?"

"The past year or so, she has no idea who James is, she thinks.." I bite my bottom lip. "She thinks we're together," I say lowly.

In that moment Holly smiles over at me, her eyes glistening in delight just like they use to when she would look at me, as if I was the best thing in the world.

"Shit," Louis mumbles.

Eleanor catches my eye, hers anxious; she's obviously picked up that Holly's head isn't exactly where it used to be.

"What are you going to do?"

I watch as Holly starts talking to Eleanor again, her long eyelashes slowly moving, her hair now a dull colour, her freckles under her eyes surfacing again, her long fingers moving as she speaks.

"I have no idea."