Chapter 6

Once the girls were completely cooled off from their argument, Grace decided she really did need to read the contract she had signed before Taylor sent it off to Tree. Taylor had gone to find Parker and ask him to have some groceries dropped off for dinner that night since her parents would be joining them. Originally, Grace was going to leave but Taylor said it was best she stayed for dinner to get to know her parents better.

Sitting down at one of the stools in the kitchen, Grace rested her elbow on the counter and slouched into her hand, starting to read. It was a whole lot of legal talk, the consequences of breaking it and what was expected of her.

Grace was supposed to be seen in public with Taylor at least once every two weeks, she was to make her social media public and post pictures alone and with Taylor often. She was also required to be Taylor's "date" to any event Taylor or Tree requested her at and she was not allowed to leave the state without Taylor for more than fourteen days at any point from the date signed to January 1st, 2016, when the contract expired.

So it's like being on parole, kind of.

Grace wasn't too worried about the contract but decided it may be annoying to attend events with Taylor because she wasn't a super dressy kind of person. There were other things in the contract such as interactions with paparazzi, what to say to friends and family as well as payment.

Grace didn't like the idea of being friends with Taylor for money, but she could see the contract interfering with her work hours. Grace worked by appointment and made a good hourly wage, but if she was to travel with Taylor for any reason and have to cancel or reschedule those hours she would lose a large portion of her income.

When Taylor came back in, she looked happier than she did when she left, which sort of relieved Grace.

"Did you read it? Should I read it?" Taylor asked the brunette as she peeked at it over Grace's shoulder. Taylor had entered from the hallway in front of Grace and had went around the island to get a better look.

"It's... something. You should probably read it," Grace said as she picked it up and handed it to the blue eyed girl. Taylor took it and sat beside Grace, reading it thoroughly. While she was doing so, Grace went on Instagram and made her account public, as well as her Twitter. She deleted a few pictures of places by her apartment, deciding she should be more careful about her surroundings in photos if she was expected to be more public.

Taylor scoffed at something, earning a look from Grace, but neither said anything. Once Taylor was finished reading she turned her head to look at Grace, gently sliding the contract back.

"Is that enough money, or do you want more? I feel like that's not enough," Taylor asked and Grace thought she was kidding so she laughed.

When Taylor didn't laugh with her, Grace realized she wasn't kidding and was actually completely serious, "Taylor, you're not paying me."

"Of course I am, it would be stupid for you not to accept it," Taylor replied, picking up her phone to look at her calendar, "Tree's going to have you going to almost every event I go to, it's almost a guarantee. That's a lot of time, I think it's only fair I pay you."

"I'll make you a deal," Grace began, finally earning a smile from Taylor.

"And what would that be?"

"I'm on track to make a certain number next year at the gym, but it all depends on the number of sessions I train at, so, you make up the difference at the end of the year for lost time," Grace said and Taylor paused to think about it.

"My lawyer would need proof of the projections and I would need to know that number too, but I don't see why that would be a problem. Unless you're on track to make millions," Taylor laughed. It kind of hurt Grace a little bit because it felt like Taylor was making fun of her for not making as much money as the singer did.