Chapter 29

The next time the girls saw one another face to face after the two days in Tokyo was the middle of June when Taylor played in Philadelphia. While Taylor had a few days off where she had been able to return to New York since then, their schedules had clashed and they were never in the same place at the same time, leaving them both sad and sightly frustrated at the situation.

Taylor had mentioned inviting Karlie to join them for dinner one night so they could tell her about them. Taylor had told Abigail over the phone and the red-head was over the moon but they had been waiting to tell the model until they saw her in person. They were both more comfortable with their relationship now, something neither of them had imagined possible.

There wasn't hesitation to just call because they missed them or worries about saying something too much and freaking out their partner. They were very happy together and although the distance was hard they were managing just fine.

Taylor wanted to pick Grace up at the airport but Grace insisted she just wait at her apartment. The brunette and Joe had been stationed in London for two weeks and were flying back the day after Taylor's second leg of the tour ended in Philly. 

"Joe will drive me over, babe, I'd rather you stay safe at home. You need the rest," Grace said over the phone to Taylor as she made her way to the airport and was preparing to board her family's plane. 

"I know he can drive you over but I want to see you sooner," Taylor whined.

"Just wait the extra half an hour, Taylor. We can't even do anything in public, I'd rather be able to kiss you the second I lay eyes on you, I won't be able to wait."

Taylor caved as she smiled at Grace's reply, "Fine, have a safe flight and ditch Joe before you come over. I'll have Parker escort you up personally, we don't need lover boy all over you for the paps outside."

Grace rolled her eyes at Taylor's usual remarks about Joe, there was always a hint of jealousy behind them. Even though Taylor knew they were just friends it always bugged her when she saw pictures of them online or when Grace told her the funny jokes he had said that day, it was her fault for making him protect her but she knew the brunette was safe with him, which is what mattered the most. She was excited for the day Grace didn't have to pretend to date him anymore but it was for the best, they had agreed on that.

"Love you," Grace said with a small laugh.

"Love you too," Taylor frowned, that always meant the end of their short conversations in between flights or shows or meetings. Career-wise they were both doing exceptionally, which just made romance a little hard.

Taylor threw her arms around the brunette all those hours later when Grace got home, Taylor having slept while Grace was in transport. Grace had tried to sleep on the plane to meet up with New York time best she could but it wasn't easy.

There was hardly any time for breath before Taylor pushed the girl against the wall and kissed her passionately, missing that feeling she had been craving for over a month. Grace smiled as she felt the singer's red lips crash upon hers, not wanting the feeling to end.

Their day was spent with cuddles and stolen kisses, just how they wanted it to be. Taylor showed Grace tons of pictures and Grace listened to every word the blonde said about tour and the fans.

"I missed you so much," Taylor squeezed her girlfriend while she acted as the big spoon during a movie they had put on but were barely paying attention to.

"I missed you too," Grace replied with a yawn, she was getting sleepy and the feeling of Taylor's arms around her brought it on heavier and heavier every second.