Chapter 78

Did anyone else not know Scott and Andrea are divorced? What on earth?! Anyways they are happily married here because yeah.

- - - - -

Taylor walked into the sun room of the London house a few days before Christmas, smiling as she saw Grace curled up with a book on her chest, asleep.

Unfortunately, they had to get ready to go because they had dinner reservations, their first real and official romantic date in public ever.

Taylor might have booked the entire restaurant.

The blonde picked up the book and marked the page, setting it on the small table next to the couch and gently caressed Grace's cheek until she woke up.

"Hi, my love, it's time to wake up if you still want to go out tonight," she said softly as Grace's eyes fluttered open, blinking as they adjusted to the light.

"I could use like five more minutes," the brunette mumbled as she closed her eyes again, pulling the thin checkered blanket closer to her face now that the novel was out of her hands.

"No, if you make me come back in five minutes it's just going to be another five after that," Taylor said, not getting a response before she slipped her arms under Grace's shoulders and picked her up, Grace feeling like dead weight, "Baby, at least hold on if you're going make me literally carry you upstairs to get ready."

The younger girl obliged as she wrapped her arms around Taylor's neck, burying her face in the crook of it half-asleep and hooked her legs on the blonde's waist.

Carefully going up the spiral staircase with precious cargo, Taylor eventually placed Grace on the bed, "You have approximately thirteen seconds to open your eyes before I start tickling you."

"Hmmm," Grace giggled as a smile started to appear on her face, growing wider with each number that passed.

"Nine-" Taylor warned, "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

Ten

Eleven

Twelve

The brunette's eyes shot open at "Thirteen!", two hands suddenly under her shirt and roaming her sides, sending her into a cascade of loud laughter and squeals.

"Baby! Stop- I'm awake!" Grace exclaimed, trying to push Taylor off of her now that the once entertaining feeling had almost shifted unbearable.

Taylor removed her fingers from the brunette in a ticklish way, holding them up in defeat before using them gently placed on Grace's abdomen to steady a tender kiss when she leaned down, "Go get ready, we have to leave by seven."

"You look pretty," Grace said as she held onto the blonde by her shirt, preventing her from sitting up just yet.

Taylor smiled softly, "Thank you, however, I haven't gotten ready yet either. I feel like we should do that exchange at the door where in the movies the guy brings flowers and is speechless at how beautiful his date looks but it's kind of hard when we share a bathroom, no?"

"It might be a little bit, we also have to account for the fact that we've almost been in a relationship for three years and speechless moments are usually reserved for after pregnancy reveals and good sex," the heiress replied with a chuckle.

She's in a really good mood today, thank goodness. A date with sad Grace wouldn't be much fun.

"Sorry- Good what?" Taylor teased as she leaned down and kissed the younger girl again.

"You heard what I said," Grace said during a breath, reattaching their lips right after.

"Are you actually telling me that you want to try and have sex tonight?" The blonde asked hesitantly as she pulled away.