Chapter 64

"You should've fucking said goodbye! It ruined me, Michael! You should've told someone, said something! It was so selfish of you and I live everyday knowing that I've spent half of my life without you now, it sucks! I'm so angry because I miss you. You should've been there today, meeting our gorgeous little nephew next to me but instead you're in this fucking hole in the ground and- and it was so hard to see Will look over at me and tell me he didn't name his son after you so that I could someday, which I shouldn't have to do because you should still be here!"

Grace was screaming at the tombstone late into the night. It had already been an hour and Taylor could only observe as her fiancé stood in front of the grave and let out all the emotions she had been carrying around all day, maybe all her life. This was not how the singer had thought the trip would go.

Her feeling was a mix of powerful sadness and deep-rooted anger that bubbled up to the surface like a witches' cauldron on Halloween, slicing through the air at a sharp tone as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Taylor sat a few rows down on a wooden bench, having been too afraid to stay so close to the one-sided exchange. A black cap pulled over her shiny golden strands as the moon glistened against her slightly damp cheeks. The buttons of her jacket all the way up to her neck as the dry March air collided harshly against her lungs.

It was incredibly difficult for her to watch Grace become so overcome with emotion in front of her, her breath hitching every time the brunette stopped mid sentence to let out a vicious sob.

The cold air mixed with the gloomy and eerie cemetery had sent shivers down her spine when they first arrived but now it was Grace that spooked her. She didn't know if the girl had lost all control by that point, continuing to be an accompanying presence as the daggers left her mouth.

Parker was in the car, watching as the polite, usually gentle and collected woman yelled with great force, her arms moving around to demonstrate her point as he glanced over at Taylor, still and silent. Grace was so loud the sound of her voice travelled through the doors of the vehicle and over the sound of the heat blowing powerfully through the vents.

"I don't want to be angry with you anymore, I just want you back, okay? Can you just come back, appear in a dream where I don't find you not breathing or something, Mikey? I don't believe in coincidences, to be honest. I don't think it's just a fluke that Landon was born on the anniversary of your death, even mom mentioned how strange that was. Out of all the days in the year, hell, in March. March fucking twelfth. I don't know what kind of joke you're playing or message you're trying to send me but Michael, you couldn't have said goodbye?"

Grace fell to the ground in tears, not saying anything as her cheeks became stained with continuous streams that felt so warm against her numb cheeks. She didn't even hate the snow underneath her or the difficulty she had breathing as her body settled into a hysterical state, staring vacantly at the name she had traced so many times over.

The blonde gave it a few minutes before she considered going over, the silence letting her know that her partner had crashed, come down from her emotional rollercoaster and could probably use some consoling.

Grace hadn't even looked in the direction of where her father lay, deciding that was too much for one night.

Taylor walked down the rows and sat on the frigid ground next to Grace, her arms enveloping the brunette in a tender embrace from behind as she began to whisper affirmations of comfort in her ear.