Chapter 80

Grace glanced at her watch with a sigh, the couch in their therapist's office becoming more and more uncomfortable as she waited for her wife, who happened to be fifteen minutes late for their appointment.

They had cut back appointments to one every two or three weeks when possible, finding it hard to sit down for the couple hours in between Taylor's extremely busy tour preparation. It was February and with the first show being less than three months away, things were crazy.

"It looks like she isn't coming, sorry. Is a solo session okay?"

Kate nodded, "It's your appointment, Grace. I know you and Taylor do it together now but we don't have to wait for her if you don't think she's coming."

"Thanks, she's just been working so hard. If you wanted we could get you tickets to her show here in June? I don't know if that's your kind of thing but the offer is there if you want to bring your granddaughters."

"I'll ask them if they would be interested in doing that," the older woman answered, "Thank you, that is very kind."

Suddenly, the door opened and a out of breath Taylor walked in with a dozen roses, "I'm so sorry I'm late, I saw these flowers and I got sidetracked-" she leaned down and greeted Grace with a kiss, "I missed you at the meeting, was brunch with Karlie fun?"

Grace nodded in reply. They had asked Taylor's management to come out to London for the meeting as Taylor had been meeting with a costume designer in the city and needed both things to happen in person and at once. Video calls for meetings were great when she couldn't get to Tennessee but this was the kind that required the team hands on.

"How are you today, Taylor?" Kate asked with a smile, pleased that both of her clients could make it.

"Good, tired actually. How are you?"

"I'm fine, Grace was just asking if I'd like to bring my granddaughters to one of your shows."

"Oh yeah, for sure! We can put you guys in the VIP section with Grace and my parents, just let me know," the singer smiled as she handed Grace the flowers, "I figured it was my turn to bring flowers to therapy."

"It's been a while since I've seen you both, especially in person. How are things in general going? Anything particular you need to talk about?"

"Everything has been really great lately, to be honest. I don't know if Tay feels the same but I've been feeling good," Grace replied as the blonde's arm made it's way around her shoulder.

Kate looked to Taylor, who answered, "Yeah I agree, we haven't even fought or anything in like a month. I don't know if we're just too tired or what but things have been good."

"We booked a vacation to Turks and Caicos in July," Grace shrugged as she tried to think of something to talk about.

Kate chuckled as she looked at the girls, "There must be something you need me for? You called me to book this session."

"I uh- I don't know. Taylor, find something to talk about because you asked me to call."

Taylor looked at Grace with knit eyebrows, "I don't know! I just assumed we should do the because we haven't been since the middle of January."

"Well," Kate began, "I can ask you some questions then?"

They nodded, figuring it might help get the conversation going.

"How are you doing with the miscarriage?"

"Ouch, way to start off easy," Grace said quietly as she rested her head on Taylor's shoulder.