Chapter 26

The morning Taylor had to leave for tour, Grace followed her girlfriend down the stairs like a lost puppy. While she was still upset over the idea that they would have to continue to hide their relationship for months on end, she knew she couldn't be bitter about it because it would only cause more harm than good.

"Grace, I'll see you in ten days," Taylor said, turning around before Grace could step off of the bottom stair, the brunette almost matching Taylor's height due to the elevation.

Taylor slipped her hands around Grace's waist, leaning in to kiss the brunette. They savoured their final minutes together, Taylor hid a few stray tears from the younger girl.

"Don't go," Grace whispered in Taylor's neck, knowing the answer wouldn't be yes but trying anyways.

"I'll call you before the plane takes off," Taylor replied, planting a kiss on Grace's head and preparing to let go. She could feel Parker behind them waiting.

"I love you," Grace said as Taylor turned to walk out the door, taking the final step off the stairway.

"I love you too," Taylor said, looking over her shoulder at her girlfriend one last time before proceeding downstairs to the car, crying on the ride to the airport.

Grace stayed behind at Taylor's apartment to collect her laundry to bring back home, she needed to pack it for her trip to London that was supposed to start in two days.

She was nervous about returning to the UK but it was time and she had made a commitment to her father that she would go. Grace held in her tears, deciding that was for a later time when she didn't need to be productive.

Taylor had been so tempted to text Grace the minute she got into the car but restrained herself, promising herself she would get used to the distance between them eventually. She had no idea how she would fall asleep, already noticing the difficulty she had the couple nights she and Grace were apart since returning from Missouri.

The time difference between them would be thirteen hours until Grace went to London, making it only eight. Both girls had insisted they would answer if they could, between meetings or rehearsals, even if they heard the phone in their sleep. They were committed to making it work, but it wasn't going to be easy. 

An hour later and Grace was just getting ready to leave the penthouse, Joe had stayed behind to make sure Grace got out safe without being seen by the paparazzi, organizing a car for the pop-star's girlfriend. Joe had been filled in on the girl's relationship before Taylor left, being instructed to make sure Grace was okay. 

Taylor had asked the blonde man to accompany Grace while Taylor was away, especially during her time in London because they were both from there. The brunette fought and fought Taylor, arguing she didn't need a security guard. Taylor told Grace it would make her feel a lot better and that Joe didn't have to stay in the same place, just had to be near. 

"Ready to go?" Joe asked as he prepared to open the door for the heiress. She nodded and he followed her out, setting the door lock like he had numerous times for Taylor.

Just as Grace got into the car Joe arranged for them, her phone began to ring. She pulled it out of her purse, hoping it was the call Taylor had promised. She put the privacy screen up as the call connected, leaving her alone in the backseat while Joe sat in the front with the driver. 

"Hello?" Grace said, waiting for Taylor's response.

"Hi, we're just about to take off. Just wanted to say I love you and I'll call you when I land. Parker says it will be like, two or three in the afternoon there so I don't know when I'll call but I will, I promise," Taylor rambled off, Grace could tell she was surrounded by people so she was talking very quietly.