Chapter 15

The following day, Grace was all packed up and ready to move into her new apartment. It was nothing close to what Taylor's penthouse was like, but it was in a better area and was a bit closer to both work and Taylor.

She had hired movers to transfer everything from one place to another and was unpacking some of the essential boxes when she heard a knock on her door. It was almost dinner time and Taylor said she would pick up take-out on her way over.

Grace was tired from a long day. She had two sessions early that morning and then had to rush home to meet the movers, they had just barely left when Taylor showed up. She walked over to the door and opened it, seeing Taylor smile and hold up a bag of Chinese food.

"Hey," Grace said, gesturing for Taylor to come in. She waved hello to Parker who made himself comfortable on one of the chairs in the hallway. The plus side to this apartment was that each floor had a little sitting area at the end of the hallway by the elevators, perfect for any of Taylor's security members to wait in. It was unrealistic for Taylor to spend the night at Grace's, both security and publicity wise, but it was okay for her to visit.

Once the door shut, Taylor set the bag on the ground and pulled Grace in for a kiss. It was passionate, and she had been waiting all day for it. They were apart last night because Taylor ended up working on choreography until really late. Grace missed Taylor's call because she accidentally fell asleep while she was waiting.

"Hi," Taylor said as she let go of Grace's hips. Grace's hand were sitting around her neck and she was standing on her tip-toes to meet Taylor's height.

"How was your day?" Grace asked as she picked up the food Taylor had put down. She brought it into the kitchen and was thankful Taylor had grabbed paper plates. She had no idea where her plates and cutlery were at the moment.

"Busy, I met with Tree today on top of rehearsals," Taylor answered as she looked around, "What about you?"

"Same, busy," Grace said as she went to the fridge and got out a bottle of wine. It was Taylor's favourite and she made sure she picked up a bottle on her way home from work and chilled it ahead of time.

"Wine, amazing," Taylor chuckled as she opened one of the containers to find some weird looking broccoli dish. Parker said he remembered Taylor's normal order but apparently he didn't. The fact that it was a different restaurant than normal likely made a huge difference.

Grace laughed as she poured Taylor a glass followed by herself. When she drank she reminded herself that she was not her father, it still lingered in the back of her mind but she knew she was stronger. She wasn't going to become addicted.

"This is so nice! You even have more than one room now," Taylor said as she referred to her girlfriends new apartment. There was an eat-in kitchen, a living area, bedroom and bathroom. It was messy with boxes but it definitely had a lot of potential.

"Thanks," Grace said, she looked down at the container of broccoli, "Do you know what this is supposed to be?"

"I made the same weirded out face, I knew I should have just went to my normal place," Taylor said as she shrugged her shoulders. Her favourite Chinese restaurant was way out of the way from where she was coming from, so she settled on some small corner restaurant with decent reviews.

"It's okay. Looks can be deceiving, it might be the best thing you've ever eaten," Grace replied as she put food from every container except that one on her plate.

"Not going to try it?" Taylor smiled as she watched Grace avoid it like a bad egg at the supermarket.

"Nope," Grace answered, "That's what you're for."