Chapter 50

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

-----

"You think she'll like me?" Grace asked as Taylor pulled wine glasses out of the cupboard.

"Of course she'll like you," Taylor laughed as she rolled her eyes.

Abigail was coming to the Nashville apartment to meet Grace for the first time. They had tried to arrange a meeting sooner but it never seemed to work out when all three girls were in the city. Taylor had gotten nice wine for the night but it was supposed to just be a casual dinner, a gorgeous sunshine hitting the July air.

Parker was out with Austin doing "whatever guys do", as per Taylor's request he not be in the apartment that night. Nashville was the place Taylor felt the safest besides the cottage or the London house, she didn't think she needed him hovering that night.

The blonde walked over behind Grace and wrapped her arms around her while Grace surfed through her phone, humming in the younger girl's ear, "You look stunning tonight."

"Thanks baby but we both know you're the stunning one," Grace set her phone down and placed her hands on Taylor's that rested just near her belly-button.

They were both in jeans and a t-shirt, nothing special as Taylor warned her fiancé that Abigail was the most 'chill' friend she had. Grace really had nothing to worry about but she was nervous about meeting Taylor's closest and longest friend.

She really wanted to make sure she made a good impression and got Abigail's stamp of approval. Being one of the few people who actually knew about their relationship, Abigail had told Taylor how excited she was to finally meet the enigma she had only seen pictures of. Unfortunately for the heiress, Taylor passed that message along and it only added to Grace's nerves.

"Is it rude to start drinking before she gets here?" Grace asked when Taylor released her grip.

"Oh gosh, stop it! You don't need to be nervous. I love you, therefore, Abigail will love you too," Taylor laughed, pressing a kiss to Grace's cheek as she looked at the time, "She'll be here in a minute."

"Do I get my one phone call?" Grace joked just before the doorbell rang.

"Behave," Taylor replied sternly, leaving the kitchen to greet her friend.

A moment later, as Grace could hear idle chatter approaching the eat-in kitchen, she smoothed down her brown locks and waited nervously.

"Wow! You weren't making her up!" Abigail said happily as she opened her arms for a hug. Grace smiled and accepted it, feeling Abigail's friendly embrace that lasted for a few seconds, "Tay, she's even prettier in person!"

"She's right in front of you, you can tell her that. I already know," Taylor chuckled, pulling the cork screw out of the drawer next to the wine rack.

"Right, sorry I'm a little nervous. Taylor's told me so much about you," Abigail replied with a laugh, setting her bag down on the chair by the archway.

"No it's okay," Grace began, "I'm super nervous, I've heard so much about you too."

"Just for the record, I've only said good things," Taylor added as she poured out three glasses of white wine, passing them to the women standing in front of her.

"Thanks, babe. Is the lasagna almost done?" Grace asked as she took the chilled glass into her hand and smiled.

Taylor glanced down at her watch, well, Grace's watch that she had stolen earlier that week, "About fifteen minutes left."

"You know," the strawberry blonde started as she pulled the glass towards her nude lips, "It's so nice to actually meet you. Taylor really only has said only good things about you and when she first told me about you I thought you were just in the honeymoon stage, but it's been what, a year and four months now? She still talks about you like you are the air she breathes."