Chapter 62

"Smile for the camera?" Grace asked as she stood behind Taylor, her phone recording a short video.

They were in William's house, the one formerly known as their father's before he passed, helping paint the nursery for the baby who would be arriving in about a month and a half.

Taylor turned around and offered a cheesy smile, the paintbrush in her hands almost slipping out of her fingers as the deep blue made its way under her fingernails.

"How many pictures did you take today?" Taylor questioned as she turned back to the wall and began applying another coat of paint.

"Too many," Grace laughed as she tucked the phone into her pocket, "You look good today and I want to remember it."

"As opposed to me looking like shit normally?" Taylor teased, not even looking back at the brunette.

With an eye roll and a sigh, Grace picked her paintbrush back up and continued painting along the trim, muttering under her breath about how William should be doing this himself, (he was occupied downstairs helping Karlie pick out the perfect furniture).

"Ordering Chinese food as per Karlie's request," William poked his head in, careful not to mess up the tarp they had laid to avoid getting paint splatters on the carpet, "Want anything?"

"Workman's comp," Grace said dryly, "I have emotional trauma after spending all day locked in here with her."

As she gestured to the blonde opposite her, Taylor scowled and replied, "Yeah, okay. Like you need workman's comp Miss-I-think-we-should-buy-a-new-house!"

"Sweetheart," Grace began, offering a wide smile, "That was you."

"I'll just order a family dinner pack and hope for the best," the entrepreneur chuckled as he closed the door, racing down the hallway and away from the couple as fast as possible.

It had been a long day and while they were getting along, spending so many hours within the same empty room led to lots of quips and sarcastic replies.

"You scared him away! They're gonna think we're crazy and not let us see him when he's born!"

"Taylor, we need to get out of this room. We are going crazy, come on," Grace laughed as she put the paintbrush in the tray and extended her hand.

Taylor set her tool down and took the younger girl's hand, pulling her close with one swift motion and kissing her passionately.

"You know what's insane?" Grace asked as they broke apart, her hand brushing against the singer's forehead to tuck away an out of place bang that was obstructing her view of the eyes matching the wall.

"That our two year anniversary is exactly two months from today?" Taylor smiled, her hands snaking around the heiress' waist softly as she connected their hips.

"Well that-" the brunette began to answer, "And that someday we will be laughing at William and Karlie painting our baby's nursery because there is no way in hell we aren't making them do that."

Taylor nodded with a laugh, "Very true. Cat murals on one wall, music notes on the other... our baby will have the best painted nursery in the entire world because we're making them do that."

They headed out of the room and washed the paint off their hands, Taylor doting gentle kisses on Grace's collarbone as the brunette tried to scrub the paint from between her fingers.

"I'm so very in love with you," Taylor whispered as she looked down at Grace's eyes, finally pulling away from where she was trying not to leave love-bites.