Chapter 22

VERY mature content starts here, there will not be warnings in future chapters.

-----

After watching Michael's favourite movie, "Cheaper by the Dozen", as the family does every year, Grace was given a present from her family.

"I really hope you like it, mom spent weeks picking it out," William enthused as he watched his sister gently pull off the ribbon. Taylor was right next to her, their thighs were side by side and Taylor had snaked one arm around the brunette's waist.

Grace opened the box to find a set of keys, she looked up at her parents in confusion.

"What are these for?" She asked, picking up the small metal keys and studying them.

"They are for your house in St. Louis, so that you can come visit more," Jennifer spoke, smiling at her daughter. Grace's eyes widened, her jaw dropping slightly. Taylor even was surprised, turning to catch Grace's expressions better.

"My- my house? You bought me a house?" Grace struggled to get out, she was practically speechless.

"We did, it is in your name but we paid for it in full. It is just a few miles over from us, we would have gotten it decorated but we thought you might like to do that," Robert said. Grace couldn't believe what was going on, she quickly handed Taylor the keys and jumped up to hug her parents, something they didn't do very often.

"Thank you, thank you so much. I can never repay you, thank you," Grace repeated as she hugged both of her parents, Will wanted one too so she happily obliged.

"We know you normally spend the week here with us but we would understand if you left tomorrow to go see it," Jennifer smiled, Grace nodded and returned to her seat next to Taylor. She gripped the singer's hand tightly, she was thrilled.

Grace had only ever mentioned wanting to get a house in Missouri once to her girlfriend, a quick statement over dinner one night that was forgotten when Taylor's mom called. She had said it would be nice to have a place that felt like home of her own so that she didn't always have to stay with her parents. She loved the city, but she loved the quiet too.

It was a very distant dream for the girl because she had refused her family's money and was working for everything she had. She was stunned that they had just bought her a house without knowing about her wishes, Grace had only just told Robert before the movie that she would be stepping back into the family more.

Robert told his daughter about the house and it was exactly what you would have expected them to buy. It was a five acre newly built home with four bedrooms and five bathrooms, it had everything you could ask for and while he shared most of the details, Grace was still excited to see it.

"You want us to stay here or do you want to come with me to see it?" Grace asked Taylor as she went up to their room, Taylor had almost gone back to the guest room but Grace had pulled her in the opposite direction, insisting that her parents had most certainly figured out they sleep in the same bed.

"Whatever you want," Taylor said as she decided to get changed. She walked down the hall and returned with a set of clothes just a moment later, changing in the bathroom. Grace waited for Taylor to come back into the room before continuing the conversation, looking down at her phone trying to be patient.

"Well it's up to you, we don't have to stay the week here. We could go and check it out and then come back or we could go to New York or-" Grace was cut off by Taylor pushing her lips to hers, the most polite way Taylor could think of to tell her to stop talking.

"Like I said, honey, whatever you want. It's your week, your family, your house. I'm here for you, just don't leave me here alone," Taylor smiled as she looked at Grace's lips. Grace was too distracted by Taylor's outfit to even listen to Taylor speak.