Chapter 76

"Taylor," Grace groaned from beside her wife at roughly three in the morning. It had been about two weeks and while the physical process had passed, the emotional effects were very present.

The album had taken really well and while things were good at work, home was really tough. They hadn't told anyone about the miscarriage yet, not even their parents and they had doubled up on sessions with Kate.

"Yes, darling," the blonde answered with a rough and grumbly voice as she woke up. Rubbing her eyes as she turned the light on.

"I can't sleep," Grace mumbled as she rolled over under the blanket and looked at the singer.

"How can I help?"

Normally, the older girl would have opened her arms and expected Grace to crawl into them, both of them would be asleep in minutes. However, in the last couple weeks she had noticed a withdrawal from her spouse, she didn't want to be touched or cuddle like she usually did.

"I don't know," Grace sighed while pulling the blanket up past her mouth.

"We can read or put on a show, I can go make you some chamomile tea, we can just talk, whatever you'd like," Taylor suggested as she slipped her glasses on and yawned. She knew she wasn't going back to sleep until Grace was sleeping next to her so she figured she might as well see.

Grace considered it for a minute before softly asking, "Can you hold me like you do when I'm sick?"

In awe of how Grace still needed her, Taylor nodded and said, "You're okay with me touching you?"

"Please, I really need to feel close to you right now."

"Of course, honey, come on over," Taylor smiled as she lifted the blanket up and felt Grace wrap her legs around her waist, her bury her face against the singer's neck, "Grace, you're super hot."

"I'm not ready to have sex yet, I just had a fucking miss-"

"No, I mean like your temperature!" Taylor quickly defended before the brunette could fall down a rabbit hole, "You're warm, you need to take off your sweater. I didn't mean that in that way, I know you're not ready."

"Sorry," the heiress replied as she gently sat up, almost pulling her shirt off before freezing in place, "Tay, I don't have anything on under this."

"I can get up and get you a t-shirt from the closet if you want," Taylor answered without a second thought.

"I don't want to get up."

"You have to take off that sweatshirt, Grace. No wonder you can't sleep, you're like the equator. I'll give you my shirt and close my eyes, we can trade."

"Just close your eyes for a minute, keep your shirt on," the younger girl replied, waiting for Taylor to hide her blue orbs before pulling off her sweater and throwing it on the ground beside the bed, pulling the blanket up past her shoulders and leaning back down against her wife.

"Can I open them again?" Taylor asked calmly, her hands still pressed over her eyes, obstructing how her glasses sat on her face.

"Mhmm," Grace hummed as she snuggled against the blonde's frame.

Taylor removed her hands from her face and used them to wrap Grace up over the blanket, glancing at the shirt on the carpet.

"Can we talk about something I've been wanting to ask you about? If you're starting to feel tired it can wait," the singer inquired as she pressed a chaste kiss on the top of Grace's head, moving one of her hands and gently adjusting the messy brown strands.