Veinte

I'm walking towards my father office as I was instructed to do so by him.

I didn't exactly know what was going to happen but I knew someone else other than my father and I would be in the room with us.

I don't know who yet but I'm about to find out.

I came to a halt behind the black wooden door and sighed before softly knocking on the door 2 times.

My father didn't like it when I knocked hard and/ or more than 2 times. He said it's rude and annoying, but I just think he's a baby.

" come in," the gruff voice of my father boomed from behind the closed doors.

I didn't want to be here at all. In fact I could've been shopping with Alex and Oliver if my father didn't call me to inform about an unplanned meeting.

I fixed my pencil skirt of any wrinkles and straightened up my back. One thing you should never do while meeting with very successful business men is slump.

You have to stand up straight and puff your chest out a little bit. Its considered lazy if you don't- or so I was told by my father.

I turned the knob and pushed the door opened to where I can slip through. I closed the door behind me with a soft click and nervously turned around.

All the color left my face as My eyes landed on someone. His baby blue eyes stared into my hazel ones intensely, his hair looked as beautiful as ever and he was wearing a navy tuxedo.

I would be lying if I said he didn't look extremely good right now. But he can't know that because I'm supposed to hate him.

" Good morning," I tried my best not to stutter and give away my feelings. As much as I wanted to put my head down, I kept it up knowing my dad would scold me if I didn't.

I sat down on the chair next to Vince's but I didn't spare him a glance. I kept my eyes in front of the room while my father began to talk.

The whole meeting was about our merging companies and we came up with plans for a dinner/ party where we would announce the news.

I really didn't care so I just agreed with everything either Vince or my father said.

I didn't spare Vince a glance the whole time but I could feel his gaze burning into me when he asked a question, but i knew it had nothing to do with this meeting he was angry and annoyed that i haven't spared him a glance. Thankfully I managed to keep a neutral face the entire time

When we were done 2 hours later, we all stood up and shook hands. I didn't want to shake hands with Vince but I did because my dad was giving me his murderous look the entire time.

When his hands connected with him, I felt the same warmth spread through my body from that day at the mall.

I pulled my hand back as if I had just touched fire and got burned.

" I'll see both of you on Tuesday for the planning," My father said while walking both Vince and I out of the room.

" Alright, I have to get going now." I gave my best fake smile to both of them, turned around on my heels and walked away from the two men.

~•~
I had just finished putting on my heels when a knock came from the door.

I strutted out of my closet in a Grid Cami Top & Split Hem Slim Skirt that Alex had insisted I wore.

I opened the door and the person I saw behind the door made my breath hitch. He was looking at me up and down before his eyes traveled up my left, past by breasts and met my eyes.