Veintiséis

I hummed along to the song playing on my speaker and lightly moved my hips to the beat.

I was rearranging a few things around a room by myself but I don't mind the work. It takes my mind off of certain... things.

I wanted to make my room a bit more grown up like, if you know what I mean. Less childish and more responsible so people know I'm not fucking around anymore.

Thankfully, My room has always been a light shade of gray since I was young, so that was a head start. I was thankful I wasn't going to have to paint the long, wide walls.

I can't say why 7 year old me chose such a dull, boring color for her room. I was a very lively child back then so it made no sense to this day why I chose it.

* flashback*

I walked into the big living room as I was told to by my mommy. It was a last minute call so I just ran downstairs with my tights and off the shoulder shirt.

Thankfully, I didn't trip like I usually do when I run at the speed I did.

Multiple possibilities of what my parents wanted to talk to me about spun in my head as I stepped closer to my mommy and daddy, who were seated on the loveseats across from the big L shaped couch.

I couldn't hide my nervousness when my father looked up at me with a blank face. This possibly couldn't be good.

I gulped and jumped on the couch because I was too short to just crouch down, push myself back and sit.

" hey sweetie, your father and I wanted to talk to you about something." Mommy spoke up with a small grin on her face.

Judging By her happy mood, maybe this wasn't a bad conversation. Maybe they were finally going to get me the pony I've been begging for.

Or Maybe they'll get me the newest build A bear that just came out a few days ago.

I crossed my finger and hoped for the best.

" okay..." I said unsure. My mom stared at me kind of in a creepy way but I knew she couldn't help it.

When no one spoke up, she side glanced at my father who was looking down at the glass table in front him, as if he has never seen it before and that it was the most fascinating thing ever.

My mom nudged him on his side and that seemed to bring him back to the present.

He frowned at the sudden jabbing and sent my mom a questioning glare as if saying ' what was that for?" But she just clenched her jaw at him, I could tell she was getting unhappy.

They seemed to be having their own mind conversation so I just there, looking around the homely living room that I have grown in.

I have always loved the colorful walls and furniture in the entire house. It all gave it a humble vibe ( all thanks to mommy)

I knew that if it wasn't up for my moms decision, my dad would make the walls, and the furniture dark.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made me snap my neck towards the sound to see that it was my dad.

" erm, you're mom and I, mostly your mom," he whispered the last part knowing very well both of us heard it.

My mom scowled but when she faced towards me once again, he eyes softened and a smile was now present.

" anywho, you're mom and I have come to a decision and we decided that you should have your own room." He spoke in a not so happy tone.

The room became silent while I processed what my dad has said.