Veinticinco

" I guess I'll see you around," Vince said, with glint of a smile. I didn't say anything as I climbed out of the car and fixed my dress when a chilly gush of wind passed by.

I tried to bite back a smile and turned back towards him, " I don't know." I answered truthfully.

Tonight had been fun, Vince and I have loosened up towards each other and the awkward, hateful tension between us was gone, replaced by the small friendship that was slowly starting to form.

I just hoped his plan wasn't to seduce me, sleep with me and then never talk to me again.

Except this time I won't be so stupid. Im at a age where I have to learn to grow from my mistakes and build myself into someone better as I continue to make them.

What happened between Vince and I wasn't heartbreak, it was mixed feelings that I had towards him. I liked him, yes, but I was also a lonely 23 year old with major daddy issues that was denied love ever since the age of 13, when my mother died.

I guess Vince was my ticket to forget about my miserable life and maybe let myself free for once.

Yeah I had Alex and Tara but I was, and still am, looking for a relationship, or at least something that required affection.

I can't exactly explain what I wanted to be honest. It's all still a blob of mess. Having my life being planned out since birth made me the person I am today.

Maybe if I wasn't doomed to take over an overwhelming and hectic company, I wouldn't be as desperate as I am.

I shook my head of the thoughts and fixed my attention back to Vince.

He chuckled, " Ok then, goodbye miss Ayla." With a wave, he rolled up his window just as his limo started moving and driving away.

I stayed where i was, watching as his car disappeared down my long driveway and out of the gates.

It felt like some cliche romance story if I'm honest. The girl dumbly falling for the guys sweet demeanor but then getting heartbroken.

And I couldn't do anything, but hope that I truly wasn't falling for Vince Melbourne.

~•~
2 days later, I was back to answering phone calls, going to meetings and signing papers.

It's a routine for me now, I don't feel as overwhelmed as I was before. I'm slowly starting to get used to this life, even if I don't enjoy it.

Right now, I'm seated in one of the many chairs amongst many other very successful CEO's.

I felt weird Being in here, I was one of the 2 females while there was at least 9 males.

It didn't help that the only female with me was sending me dirty looks and Attitude. I don't know what's her problem, I've never met her before in my life.

I bit my tongue to try and stop myself from saying something rude and ruining my first impression to the other men in the room.

These CEO's are from all over the globe. Japan, Australia, England, Los Angeles etc... And each of them own the #1 companies in their country/ State.

This meeting was about a collaboration and developing an App. I don't know much about it because the meeting only just started 10 minutes ago, and i haven't been paying much attention.

Call me a horrible CEO, but how can I Focus when I have some bitch face glaring into the side of my head, and Vince drilling his eyes into the back of my head.

It was getting weird. I couldn't wait for this meeting to end and then confront the Snake bitch across from me.

I didn't give her any of my attention, I didn't look at her, because I'm not going to give her that satisfaction.