Chapter Five

Saturday's are usually my day of rest, but this Saturday I was meeting Niall and my other friends in town to hang out. Back in Oklahoma, my friends never wanted to hang out with me outside of school so most of my weekends were spent with Charlie or doing crosswords with my dad. I was shit at them, but he was adamant I did them. He always said crosswords would broaden my vocabulary, which in a sense it did, but the ones in magazines about Whitney Housten and Michael Jackson didn't help with anything.

I checked my mirror once again making sure my hair stayed in its half-up half-down style. I moved to my full-length mirror peering at my outfit. It was supposed to be warm today so I wore jean shorts with a black belt cinching my waist. A plain white tank top clung to my upper body. Over it, I put on a blue and green plaid button-up but left it unbuttoned. I wore my usual Chuck Taylors and carried a small wallet for my little money.

Speaking of, Aunt Erin got a call from a local bakery saying they needed more workers. I baked for my dad all of the time at home so it was a perfect job. I was extremely excited and wouldn't stop thanking my aunt. I couldn't imagine life without them. They were always so truthful and helped me in every way possible.

A honk was heard from outside and I looked through my window to see Niall, Zayn and Liam all waiting in the driveway. I still hadn't told them about Harry and I's encounter. I didn't really feel the need to because he wasn't threatening me. Niall honked again and I rushed out the door waving to Aunt Erin.

I greeted the three of them with a smile and I was greeted by a middle finger. I returned Niall the favor and slid in the back next to Liam. The radio blasted through the speakers and Niall drove off.

"Took you long enough," Zayn teased while turning the radio down.

"What, turn that back up man, that was the new song by Prince. Raspberry Beret. It's so dope," I complained. Zayn did so and I started to jam out. Prince was, by far, my favorite artist. He was so unique for our time. He wasn't afraid to test masculinity. His personality was very well presented in his music as well. He had a good voice and knew exactly how to use it. I would give anything to see him in concert. Literally anything. The song finished and I did a final dance move earning applause from the boys around me.

"Thank you, thank you very much," I imitated (A/N if you didn't know that was Elvis, I am disappointed... jk).

We finally arrive at the town square and was greeted by Louis and Eleanor. I'll be honest, I missed Eleanor. At the football game last night we really got along. The boys are great, but sometimes a girl needs more estrogen and less testosterone. I closed the car door and greeted her with a hug. I gave Louis a fist bump and we started walking towards the stores. I wasn't planning on getting anything, but I wanted to look to see what the stores had for when I start earning money.

The first store we entered was called Finders Keepers. It seemed like a thrift store so I was automatically interested. Eleanor and I scanned the racks while the boys goofed off in the play area. I glanced over there every once in a while to catch them getting stuck in something or wrestling with each other.

"Hey, I forgot to ask you last night," Eleanor started while looking at a striped t-shirt, "What was Harry doing talking to you? He never talks to anyone."

"He was just being a creep and then apologizing for being a dick," I explained while fitting a yellow skirt across my waist.

Her eyes widened in shock, "Guess someone is special. That kid hasn't talked to almost anyone for two years."

"How would you know? You don't even go to our school," I asked while showing her a -T-shirt.

She took it and fitted it over her chest, "I used to go to Liam's soccer games with Louis. Harry used to play. He was really good. Something happened and he just stopped."