Chapter Twenty One

It's been a few weeks since Harry and I had our first date. October was creeping up on us faster than we thought. The sky became more cloudy and the sky was dark at around four or five. Crisp air flew through my brown locks and caused me to shiver. I was meeting Harry, Louis, and Eleanor for some double date thing they had roped me into. It was at a cafe in the town Eleanor lived in. Glass storefronts were decorated with straw and plaid.

I looked at the ripped piece of paper Louis had scribbled the address on. It should be right around the corner. I bit my lip in concentration. I accidentally bumped shoulders with someone and I turned around to apologize, but they were gone. Weird. I looked up at the sign in front of me. It was the cafe. It was called some fancy french name I didn't feel like reading.

All three of them were gathered around a table laughing at something Louis had said. Which wasn't surprising because Louis was one of the most hilarious people I knew. Harry spotted me first. A smirk came across his face as he stood up to greet me. I met him in front of the table and hugged him tightly. I gripped his face and pulled him down for a short kiss.

Eleanor made a fake gagging noise. I flipped her off causing a slight chuckle to escape from Harry's lips. We sat down and Harry had already ordered my tea. He knew exactly how it should be made because he had made it for me on many occasions. It was cute, in my opinion.

"How's everything?" I asked after taking a savoring sip of my tea.

"It's pretty great actually. I am so close to getting out of that stupid school. Then Mr.Tommo and I are going to travel. We've always wanted to see the world and the perfect time is right after high school," Eleanor beamed. She and Louis were in it so deep for each other. She never talked about her future without Louis.

"What about after?" I questioned.

"We don't have that planned out. We have to focus on right now. We will figure it out when it comes time. Let me guess, you already have your whole life planned out?" Louis teased. He was right, in a sense. I've had a vivid idea of my future since I was five.

"Well yeah, but is that such a bad thing?"

"No, share your plans with us," he urged.

"Well, after I graduate, I'm thinking of attending the University of Southern California to major in journalism. I would spend my four years there and then move to the east coast, maybe North Carolina, and get a job for a local newspaper. I would have a small shack on the beach and would share it with my family," I started to daydream and Harry broke me out of it by resting a hand on my thigh.

"Damn girl. You must have your whole life planned out," Eleanor seemed shocked. Did I not seem so organized?

"Yeah, but I'm always open to change. That's just my ideal situation," I explain and take another sip.

"What about you Styles? Any major plans?" Louis turned to Harry. I knew exactly what Harry wanted in the near future, but not anything past that so I was eager to know as well.

"Well, I was thinking about moving out of this town right after graduation. I've been looking at places farther north. As for education, I want to be a teacher. Maybe fall in love and stuff, but I don't know. It's all too undetermined," Harry mumbled. He looked a bit down. He seemed hesitant to discuss his future. I don't blame him. The future was scary because you never know what's going to whip you up.

"I agree," Eleanor seconded. I felt foolish for being the only with a specific future plan. I was always told to have a plan for my life and that if I didn't I wouldn't get anywhere. That was preached in schools back in good ol' OK.

Knowing what my future was like also eased some anxiety. Failure and loneliness were my two worst fears. I had endured being lonely and that was hell. I couldn't imagine being a failure. The only thing saving me from that is not wanting to let my father down. He always told me, "You never fail until you stop trying" and I was never going to stop trying.