Chapter Twenty Nine

Making 300 cupcakes is a chore, that's one thing I'm sure of. I got stuck doing that while Harry made the assortment of goods and the cheesecake. That's unfair if you ask me. He makes up for it by being absolutely adorable. A red and white checkered apron was tied around his waist and behind his neck. They were both in cute little bows too. This man had it all. He could go from being so god damn sexy into a teddy bear in a matter of seconds.

I was trying to ignore my screaming theories for a moment by admiring Harry's beauty. The task got me easily distracted. How could it not? He was easily the most attractive man in a three-hundred mile radius. No, I'm not being biased either. Maybe I am. 

He was finishing packaging the cheesecake and he looked exhausted. His face was drooping and sweaty yet he still had a breathtaking view. The best part was that he was a good person too. He had such a compassionate and intelligent composition.

My daze was interrupted with hands resting on my hips. A sharp chin rested on my shoulder. I turned my head slightly so I could face my mystery man. Not so much of a mystery though. My body automatically rotated to face him. I couldn't help the smile that was forming on my face.

I was still shaken up from earlier, but Harry's company was a great thing to have. Perhaps he was just trying to scare me. I mean, he could just be making things up. On the other hand, it makes sense that he would want something from me and my dad. I know my dad didn't mention a will. That doesn't mean he didn't leave one. Why wouldn't he have told me?

"You ready to go home?" I sighed. Before I got the chance to walk away, Harry started to peppered kisses across my face. He moved behind my ear and down my neck. His lips made their way back up to my face and onto mine. I tried to withhold the giggles threatening to escape my mouth but failed.

"What?" Harry asked.

"That tickled," I snickered. My cheeks were tinted with a light blush.

"So you're ticklish? That's valuable information," Harry gave me one more quick kiss and gripped my hand. He pulled me out of the door, but I made him go back so I could grab my keys. I definitely couldn't forget those.

+

The lukewarm water flowed down the dips of my body. I was surely in need of one. My bones had been aching all day. I swallowed some ibuprofen before I got into the shower. I don't think it had started to kick in yet. The temperature of the shower helped as well. I had already washed everything.  I was just standing in there letting the water wash over me.

A faint knock was heard from my bathroom. Harry. He'd gone by his house to grab clothes and shower. I'd expected him to be here later so I thought a shower would fit in the time I had. I guess not. He knew where the spare key was, thank god, and let himself in. I heard him calling my name and quickly shut the shower off. I bundled myself in a towel and scampered out to the hallway, not even noticing that I was only covered by a thin towel.

Harry stood in the doorway of my room. He grinned when he saw me. A faint blush was present on his face when he gave attention to my lack of clothing. I rushed him into the room so I could dress. He sat on my bed and covered his eyes playfully. I truly didn't mind if he looked, but he was respectful and didn't. I slipped on some sweatpants and an old t-shirt. I didn't have specific sleep clothes. That section of my clothing was made up of old, unfitting rags. This time, I chose my nicest rags.

"You can look now," I told him. He uncovered his eyes and scooted over on my bed, allowing me a little bit of space next to him. I leaned in for a quick peck and tucked myself in his arms. I was a sucker for when held me.

"Who says I wasn't before?" He joked. I knew he wasn't looking.

"Yeah? You like what you see?" I played along.