Chapter Thirty Four

The next morning was your typical birds chirping and the sun shining. I lay awake in the memories of last night. Most mornings, I was awake before Harry. I felt like I couldn't get up. My legs were completely jelly. I was curled into his warm torso. My head was placed on top of his chest. My head raised and lowered with his shallow breaths. Our legs were a tangled mess.

"Good morning love," a scratchy voice said. I moved my head to look at him. His eyes were still squinted shut, but he knew I was awake. I lifted myself from his chest and laid to the side of him. My elbow pushed into the soft mattress. The sheets were discarded on the floor. We both became too warm in the middle of the night.

Moments of last night suddenly became evident in my head. I was no virgin so I knew what to expect. He left me surprised nonetheless. Apparently women can actually orgasm without assisting themselves if you know what I mean. My ex was the only other person I'd ever been with. So either he had no clue what he was doing, or Harry had every clue. 

As typical as it sounds, we didn't just have sex. It was something way more emotional. Making love was too awkward to say. Call it a euphoric experience. Not just because of the alcohol involved, I still recall every detail. How his movements were catered to my every need. The meaningful contact he kept with me. Even the small things, like the way his head collapsed into my neck when we both reached our highs. It was all so foreign to me. I truly hope it meant as much to him as it did me. This wasn't something he was unfamiliar with. Now, he hadn't had a proper relationship before so I don't know if it was any different for him.

I ran my hands up and down Harry's back. I found indentions from where my nails clung deep into his flesh. I traced every scratch. I felt guilty for leaving marks. I shouldn't have been so needy and so drunk in his touch. They seemed as if they would heal soon. Not soon enough to erase the disgrace I held. I flinched my hand back and tucked it into my body.

"We should probably get cleaned up," I suggested. Finally, his eyes opened. He opened his arms for me to crawl into. I knew I needed to shower, we both did so I gave him a quick kiss and swung my legs over the bed. They hit the floor with a slight putter. I was still completely bare. The wind coming from the fan blew the hair that was matted to my neck. I shivered and reached for the closest shirt I could find. It was Harry's plain black on from last night. I slipped it over my tired body and pushed my feet against the floor. They wobbled at first and brought me back to the bed. That's when my head started to pound. Hangovers fucking suck, I thought. I groaned and laid my head backward onto Harry's stomach.

His hand fell to my hair brushed through it, "Do you need some help baby? You seem to have some trouble walking," he sniggered. I rolled my eyes. His body moved from underneath me and my head hit the mattress. That did not help with the massive throbbing in my head. Harry's footsteps, or what sounded more like stomping, got louder as he approached me. He bent over, wrapped an arm around my waist, and hoisted me onto the floor. I used my strength, and Harry's assistance to walk to the bathroom. Thankfully he put some pants on sometime along the way otherwise, we would've threatened Gemma seeing him naked. That was a sight only meant for me. Harry sat me on the toilet and turned the shower on.

"I like my water hot," I grumbled. He turned the faucet a little to the left. While we waited for the water to warm, he rustled through the cabinet for some Advil. Hangover cure 101. We each swallowed a pill. Steam was starting to rise from the shower. I tugged the shirt off and threw it at Harry. My body pushed through the curtains. The cells that lined my body cheered when the scorching water fell against them.  The curtain was pulled to the side again and Harry stepped into the shower too.

"I hope you don't mind. I thought it would take less time if we shared," he explained cheekily. My back was to him. His hands threaded themselves in my hair, massaging shampoo into my scalp. His fingers moved slowly and rubbed every inch of my head. In satisfaction, I exhaled loudly. His hands stopped and fell to my stomach. His head found its way to the collar of my neck. I parted my head to the side, allowing him more room. He placed a soft kiss on it. We switched places so he had some time under the water. I would've washed his hair if he wasn't five inches taller than me. I washed my face instead. It wasn't the typical face wash I used. It was just a small sample that was in Gemma's bathroom. It smelled like peaches.  We swapped places again so I could rinse my face and wash my body. Once I was sud free, I got out of the shower and dried off.