Chapter Twelve

I know that's not Harry, that's Prince. Just thought I'd add his beautiful face in here XX

Sun streamed through my window
and my alarm clock buzzed in the background. I groggily opened my eyes. My hands reached my clock and turned it off. The blocky red letters read 8:00. Harry was picking me up for our shift at nine.

My body sat still in my bed for a few more moments before getting up and going to the kitchen. Because of the day being Sunday, I had the morning to myself. I opened the top cabinet and pulled a box of Frosted Flakes. There was a stack of bowls beside it so, I grabbed one. The fridge door opened with a creak. I pushed a few things around before I found the milk. I set and on the counter and poured both ingredients into the bowl. I sat at the table and ate my cereal contently and daydreamed.

After I finished, I cleaned my dished and headed towards the bathroom. I didn't take a shower last night because I was exhausted. The night before was amazing and a smile snuck its way to my face every time I thought about it.

I practically jumped in and out of the shower, not washing my hair. There was no time to dry it. I ran a brush through it and braided it loosely behind my back. It was sloppily put together and pieces fell apart everywhere. Braids were not my forte.

The fluffy towel wrapped around my body and soaked up the moisture dripping from it. My wet feet padded to my room and led me to my closet. I chose a plain white shirt that was cropped just a little and yellow cloth shorts. My eyes met my clock. Harry was supposed to be here in ten minutes. I quickly slipped on my shoes and went back to my bathroom to put some chapstick on. I sprayed myself with some coconut fragrance mist and was frightened by a doorbell.

The bottle dropped and the cap came off, rolling into the wall. Knocks were heard and I quickly picked the bottle up and placed it on the counter. I jogged to the door and was met by Harry. A sly smile adorned his face. I opened the door further and he walked in.

"Hey, I just have to get my coat, I'll be right back," I explained. I rushed back to my room and pulled a denim coat from my chair. I slipped it on and met Harry back in the kitchen. He sat at the table, but once he saw me, he immediately embraced me.

"Hi," He said looking me in the eyes. I frowned a little when I saw a faint bruise on his neck. It made me want to go beat the shit out of that bastard, but I couldn't. I promised. At least I couldn't right now.

Harry's hands met the small of my back, exposed due to my cropped shirt. The slowly rubbed up and down as he hugged me tighter. I wanted to sit in my kitchen and hug him all day, but that wasn't an option.

"Though you are an amazing hugger, we have to get to work," I reluctantly pulled away and walked towards the door. Harry stood there and stuck his bottom lip out, pouting. I stepped forward and dragged him by his wrist out the door.

I slid in the passenger seat and him in the drivers, obviously. His car started and drove out of the driveway. I leaned forward to turn the radio on and started to jam. I made sure it wasn't too loud in case Harry had anything to say, and he did. Smartass comments, which are nothing new for him.

"So I'm an amazing hugger?" He mimicked.

"Don't let it get to your enormous ego buddy, I was just stating facts," I shrugged my shoulders.

"So does that mean I am the best person you've hugged?"

"Yes," I caved with a chuckle.

"I'm amazing at other things too or so I've been told. The noises tell all."

"You're disgusting," I gagged. I'd rather not hear about his sex life. It wasn't in my need-to-know list. Especially if we were staying friends. I haven't really wanted to bring the conversation of our relationship status up to him yet. It was too confusing and I'd like to keep us the way we are now.