Chapter Twenty Five

"What was your issue earlier?" Niall inquired while we walked to lunch.

"Me? I didn't have an issue," I shrugged my shoulders. He knew I was lying.

"Okay, Ms. Plaid Skirt. Now don't lie to me. You know I don't take bs," Niall bumped my shoulder with his. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Harry and I just had a small fight and I wanted to be petty. Don't worry, I'm not digging the look either," I explained. Niall nodded and sat at the lunch table.

Amanda didn't sit with us at lunch today, which was awfully weird, but I don't really mind. She had other friends besides us. Who? I'm not really sure. She seems very close to them though and I don't want to keep her from seeing them. Niall and I got along just fine with talking about his new secret admirer.

"Yeah, it's totally crazy. This morning I got to my locker and there was a rose taped to it. It's cliche if you ask me. There was even a little note on it. It said 'UR A CUTIE' on it," he chuckled, "I kept the rose because it smelled good though I find it creepy to have someone go through all of that trouble. I don't even know who it is."

"Ooo," I whooped, "Niall's got an admirer!" Niall laughed again and pulled his sandwich from his bag. I finally talked him into bringing his lunch. He would not shut up about the cafeteria workers.

I had work after school today. It would be the first day Harry and I would be working at the bakery alone. Olive said she had some event at the community center to deal with. I was nervous. I know Harry knows what he's doing, but I have no clue. It's been a little over two months since I started working there, but my anxiety still sky-rocketed at the thought of messing up my opportunity with this job.

"Oh yeah, Harry asked me to be his official girlfriend on Saturday," I slipped in casually.

"That's," Niall took a swig of water, "cool. Were you guys not together before?"

"Yeah, but it wasn't like exclusive or anything with a label," I didn't mind not having a label on our relationship, but it was nice knowing where we both stood.

"Well, I'm happy for you El. Truly. I'm still super sorry about being such an ass towards him before. He's not that bad, I guess," Niall stated honestly. I grinned. I was relieved that I didn't have to worry about some stupid rivalry between those two anymore. I understood Niall's point at the beginning, but now that I've found that Harry is a good person, there's no need for any grudge.

"Aw. Someone's a softie," I teased. Niall chortled and shook his head. His blonde hair fell in front of his face and he ran his hand through his hair to fix it.

The lunch bell chimed and I shuffled to my next class. That's when I remembered it was biochem. The one I have with those assholes from the store. Am I overreacting by saying I'm totally freaking out? They violated me and then continued to talk to me with complete vulgarity. I wouldn't be surprised to see if any of them had cuts or bruises. Harry hadn't explained anything in detail however, I was positive he didn't let them get away without laying a few punches on them. I noticed his knuckles were slightly bruised when we were working in English this morning. They didn't seem to give him much trouble though.

I was thankful Liam was in that class. He was such a nice kid and I knew he wouldn't let any of them do anything to me. We were friends. I would still feel way more comfortable if Harry was there, but that's my solution to every situation. It may sound creepy, well it kind of is, but if I had the choice I would have Harry with me all of the time. Though, I might get tired of his obnoxious dad jokes.

You wouldn't believe with how rough and tough he looks and acts sometimes, how much of a dad he is. The sweaters and the fact he reads the newspaper every Sunday can prove it. The horrendous jokes he tells can also attest to it. He always tells this joke about holy water. I have no idea where he got it from, but it's so ridiculous that it's funny.