Chapter Twenty Seven

I was woken by faint snores escaping the plump lips of the boy next to me. Waking up next to him was the best feeling in the world. He was the last thing I saw when I went to sleep and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes. It was rough fitting both of us on a twin-sized bed, but we made it work. Harry was more of a cuddler than he let on. He currently had his head nuzzled into the crook of my neck and his arms wrapped around my waist. His face was so peaceful and innocent. You would've never guessed that this boy had been through as much as he had.

I wish I could sit here and admire his features forever, but for now, we had school in approximately an hour and a half. I brushed my hand across his cheek in an attempt to wake him up. He stirred slightly and then started to snore again. I carefully detached myself from his hold and stood from my bed. My arms reached above my head and popping noises echoed in my room. I yawned quietly and scratched my chaotic bedhead.

The morning was cold so I slipped the shorts I had worn to bed last night and exchanged them for a pair of sweatpants. I looked back at the bed and Harry was still resting peacefully. I hate to wake him up. I sat at the edge of the bed and shook his shoulder, "Harry. We have school and you need to go home and wash up," I cooed into his ear. I leaned in and pressed a kiss to his cheek. I could feel the dimple forming under my lips. His arms grabbed my hips and positioned them on his. I leaned down against his chest and kissed his smiling face.

"Good morning beautiful," his morning voice was deep and raspy yet it still gave me chills. His face seemed more lively than it had other mornings. I hope I didn't keep him up, though.

"Sleep well?" I put my ear to his chest. His heartbeat was steady and calming.

"Always with you, love. We better get up. As you said, I have to go wash up," he grinned. I let out an exasperated groan before getting up. He followed. I walked him to the front door and sent him off with a long hug and kiss.

I watched him leave and escorted myself back inside. I had my usual breakfast, cereal and a banana. I drug my body to my room and noticed something on my desk. It was the t-shirt I had been looking at the other day, but atop it was a note.

Lainey,

I told you I didn't mind. Wear it tomorrow. I made sure to spray some of my cologne on it because I know how much you love it. You'll look gorgeous.

-H xo

A smile snuck its way onto my face as I sniffed the shirt. Sure enough, it still smelled like him. He must've left the note on my desk while I was showering last night. The shirt was simple, but it reminded me of him. It was a black queen shirt. The material was soft and his scent was radiating from it.

I changed into it and paired it with tight jeans, letting it fall to my mid-thigh. I left my hair down, but tied the bandana Harry left here around my head, leaving a few strands hanging in my face. We have to stay with the fad, don't we? I don't know if you'd consider how I dress popular sometimes. It wasn't out of the ordinary, but it's definitely not the neon tracksuits I catch everyone else wearing. That may be an exaggeration.

I held myself back on the perfume this morning. I couldn't ruin the smell I was so fond of. It was a mixture of something similar to cedar and vanilla. The mixture was odd, but it worked in a way. I wish I had a candle or something of it. I would burn it constantly.

I made my lunch while trying to waste time. I only got up as early as I did so I could wake Harry. I wasn't going to make him go to school in the same clothes as he did yesterday. That would be nasty. I'm sure if I told him to do it, he would.

After I made my lunch, I checked the time. I had forty minutes until I had to leave. Great. I thought for a moment of what I needed to do and then I remembered that there was a fundraiser at the school this morning. They were selling doughnuts for the soccer team. Liam had asked me to go.