{𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊} Tell Me He's Alright, Tell Me He's Okay.

ಠ_ಠ

_

Warnings: none

Løl I found a Level of Concern lyric sort of, not really, similar to the story. So, I had to do it.

Also, for some reason my chapter picture of Chapter Nine, y'know? It isn't loading the picture so I guess I'll have to wait and do that later.

Vote please!!

Words 560

_

Jenna

"It was nice hanging with you. you should probably get back to work so Tyler doesn't have to do all of it." Brennan laughed slightly.

"Oh, he's probably fine." Jenna shrugged but agreed.

"I'll see you at dinner tonight." Brennan hugged her tightly as he leaned into her ear. "Hey, it's okay—He's okay. Talk to him." He whispered, and Jenna stiffened up. Brennan grabbed her shoulders looking into her eyes. "It's alright. Trust me. He's safe."

Jenna gulped, but nodded. One side of Jenna didn't want to get to know him. What if Tyler was just like Carter—just trying to take advantage of her? But the other side, the one that seemed to be winning, was telling her: He was safe, and he wouldn't do that.

"Okay... I will." She put a small smile on her face, and Brennan patted her shoulders.

"Ata' girl!" He smiled, before making his way out of the store.

She took a deep breath, the feeling of anxiety burning her insides. She turned around and made her way to the counter, where Tyler was spinning around in the chair like a 10 year old.

"Tyler?" Jenna began, and she gulped. Wiping her sweaty palms. He stopped twisting his chair and raised his eyebrows at her signaling her to continue. "Can we exchange numbers?" She put a smile on her face, and Tyler stared at her for a moment.

After a moment a huge smile took Tyler's face, and he nodded. "I would love to."

Jenna nodded and made her way to sit down. Tyler gave up his seat for her, and took his signature spot with his elbows on the counter. That was odd. She wanted his number just like that? He thought he would have to wait to ask. But he didn't even need to ask—she asked him.

"Just know that I don't reply often." She said politely, and he nodded, his smile never leaving his face.

"That's alright. I don't text often either. I normally call." Tyler shrugged as he handed her his phone.

"Well, I get anxiety when calling."  She typed her number into his phone.

"So do I. That's why I like calling. It's the feeling after the call is over. It's like I accomplished something." He shrugged, as he sent a text to Jenna.

Unknown number: if you were a booger, I'd pick you

Jenna snorted out a laugh, as she stared at the phone. "Really?"

"Nah, you're far from a booger." Tyler shook his head. "You're like a... sunflower."

Jenna smiled cutely. She thought of a few hours ago, when Tyler asked what her favorite color was and she said yellow like a sunflower. "Hmm... and you're a rose?"

Tyler looked up at the ceiling as he searched his brain for a response. "I guess so. But you never see sunflowers and roses in the same area unless someone planted them beside each other— at least I don't think."

Jenna shrugged, a small smile taking her face. "Well, maybe God planted us in the same spot so we could meet and make each other's lives better."

She hated to admit it, but she was growing on this boy. Brennan gave her the confidence boost she needed.

Writers note - Thank god.                                
                               - Jenna Black

_

This one was just short and sweet I guess.