{𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓} Partly Cloudy With a Chance of Rain.

Warnings: profanity

Shorter chapter...

Words 769

Tyler

Two days later

The world is messed up. It's falling apart, and some people blamed God for it. Tyler understood why they blamed Him, but he didn't understand how they didn't get it.

God gave humans a choice to live right or live wrong, doesn't that give Him the right to give Death the choosing of his victims as well? We'll never like it. Because death is the scariest thing on earth. Not only is it unknown, but it's so well known that it's scary. It's both unknown and well known in the human mind.

Why'd he have to take him though? I'm not talking about God, but about Death. Why did Death have to take him? Out of all the people. Is there a purpose to this that the world itself couldn't see?

Tyler wasn't sure how to feel. He didn't know Brennan that well, but it was enough to mourn over his death. Not only was he mourning for Brennan's death, he was weeping for Jenna.

She was pale, and frail. The sky in her eyes were now partly cloudy with a chance of rain, and her lips were faded.

She sat robotically at her cashier station, doodling on a piece of paper.

Two days ago she told Tyler about Brennan's death, and everything had changed since then.

When he got to work, that was the sight he saw. The sensitive being, miserably staring at her doodles with dislike.

"Is that a peanut or a potato?" Tyler asked as he leaned his elbows onto the counter. He might as well try and lighten the poor girl's mood.

"I don't know anymore. It's just a piece of paper with color on it." Jenna sighed, and twisted around to grab her magazine.

Tyler exhaled, trying to think of something. "Oh! Your mom gave me a raise."

Jenna nodded. "I know, I told her to. She agreed."

"Wow, thanks." Tyler sarcastically teased, trying to cheer Jenna up but it wasn't cutting it. "I finished my song. I'm going to start working on yours next."

Jenna gave Tyler a sideways glance as a small smile teased her lips. "That's very good, Ty. What's the name?"

"Drown." He replied. Jenna nodded, sighing.

"It sounds sad."

"It is."

And that was it. No more talking, just staring. Not at each other— Well, Tyler stared at Jenna but she stared at her magazine.

"I was thinking of going to KFC again for lunch, want to join me?" Tyler spoke moments later, but soon cringed. That was the last place Brennan and Jenna went for lunch.

Jenna sighed, trying to hide her face of disgust. "I haven't had the appetite for that in a while."

"We'll go somewhere else." Tyler suggested.

"No, I don't really have the appetite for anything right now. Thank you though, Ty."

Tyler bit the inside of his lip. "Okay" he mumbled, twisting himself around to search for something to do.

A customer searched the walls of piano stands, so Tyler straightened himself up and made his way across the room to the dear customer.

"Hey, need help?" He asked, and the girl turned to face him.

"Oh, hi. No, I'm just looking. I'm actually here to get my boyfriend a new set of drum sticks. He comes here often."

"Oh, well, what's his name?"

"Josh." She smiled, and Tyler's eyes widened.

"Wow! Oh my gosh, I'm his friend! I don't know if you know, but we started a band." Tyler said, and the girl nodded happily.

"I heard that! I'm Debby."

"Tyler."

They shook hands, and Tyler walked her to the drum section. "Tell Jish I said hi. Oh, also tell him we need to start practicing soon. I've finished the song I wrote. Oh, and tell him to try and think of any covers we might be able to do."

Debby thought for a moment. "That's a lot of things, but I'll try to remember." She giggled. Tyler smiled, and waved at her before she was ushered to the cashier at the front of the store to pay.

Tyler walked back to the piano and keyboard section, taking his signature spot with his elbows on the counter.

Jenna was still enjoying her magazine, and it was honestly sorta awkward. Tyler hated to admit it, but it was the truth.

"She doesn't actually like you." Blurry taunted. "You hugged her to much, now she thinks you're a creep. You really think she'd stick around?"

Tyler couldn't reply or Jenna would think he was crazy. All he wanted to do was to kick Blurryface in his blurryass.

But he couldn't.

Because he was his mind.

ಠ_ಠ

I'll see you Friday!