{𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗} Congratulations.

ಠ_ಠ

_

Warnings: angst.

Don't be fooled by the title. Get ready to be heartbroken.

Words 1080

_

Tyler & Jenna

Writers note - I wrote this, but Jen sat with me and explained her feelings in this moment.
                                       - Tyler Joseph

Tyler skidded a rock across the ocean as they walked on the beach's shore. "I didn't expect you to take me here. Especially since you made me wear a dress." Jenna giggled.

Tyler smiled, and shook his head. "Well, that's how I fantasied this date."

Jenna rolled her eyes. "Are we not going to swim?"

"Well, do you want to swim in a dress?" Tyler chuckled.

"No, I guess not." Jenna smiled and looked down at her sandy feet. "There's always the skinny dipping option." She said quietly.

Tyler's face took on a shade of red, and he became silent. He didn't know if she was being serious or not. She was never the type to mess around with that stuff. She didn't seem to be the type to run around the beach naked either. However, Tyler was the type to do something for the risk. That was pretty risky. He would say yes in a heartbeat, but he wasn't sure if she was joking. "Are you serious?"

She sighed. "Sadly, no. I don't think I could do that." Jenna shrugged. She wished she could be risky and wild, but she just couldn't. So many things have happened to ruin that. Anyways, it wasn't like she was any different for not wanting to skinny dip. Multiple people in the world were uncomfortable just by the thought of that topic. "I mean, if it was just us-" Jenna shook her head, stopping herself immediately. She wasn't quite ready to confess that to him yet. "I don't know."

Tyler smirked as he kicked the sand underneath him. It went silent, the sound of the relaxed wind, and the crashing waves making Tyler's nerves relax. "Listen, I have something I want to ask you-"

"Oh my god, Ty! It's a sand dollar! I've never seen a full sand dollar before." Jenna picked it up, running her thumb over the rough surface.

Tyler sighed but played along. "That's really cool."

"I'm going to keep it." Jenna carefully placed it in her jean jacket's pocket.

It went silent again, so Tyler took the opportunity to ask his life changing question. "Jenna..." He trailed off.

"Yeah?" Jenna's big blue eyes, that sent Tyler into a place of sunshine and rainbows, looked up at the nervous boy.

"I, um... well, I-" Tyler sighed, and Jenna furrowed her eyebrows concerned. "Usually when a guy tells their girl that they love them, they don't actually mean it. They, uh, they just say it to... they just say it for the girl, but most of the time
th- they don't actually mean it." Tyler stuttered, and rubbed the back of his neck. Jenna slouched down. She was confused and afraid all at once. "Um, but right now I'm telling you the truth when I say I love you; if I didn't have you in my life then I wouldn't be where I am right now."

Tyler stuck his hand in his pocket, fiddling around for the circular metal. "I really love you, and... and I don't want to lose you, so..." he got down on one knee. Jenna covered her mouth with her hands. "So, Jenna Black," he paused, letting a smile take his lips for a mere second before, as confident as he could, he spoke, "will you marry me?"

Jenna stepped back, trying to process everything that was happening. She thought 'I love you' changed lives but 'Will you marry me?' does so much more. She didn't know what to say.

Tyler's loving glare soon became a nervous one after she didn't answer. He tried to hold back the emotions, because he was never one to show them. Jenna's eyes, on the other hand, filled with tears. She wasn't sure if they were happy tears or sad tears.

He was leaving for tour in 2 days, and he was asking her to marry him now? She couldn't. She was too broken about him leaving. Now she would have to be broken about her fiancé leaving?

She covered her burning red face, and shook her head. "I can't."

Tyler's posture sunk, and his face became pale. He gulped down a lump, as his finger released their grip around the beautiful blue ring he'd been saving up for. He wasn't sure if he should ask why. He didn't want to seem as though he was begging, but he basically was.

"Why not?" He managed to say without breaking into tears.

"You're- you're leaving in 2 days, Tyler. H-how am I supposed to do this?"

"I- I was going to ask you to come with me." He whispered, defeated.

"And leave my work? Leave my dream for yours?" Jenna's tears were flowing rapidly and it was impossible not to take aggressive breaths in.

Tyler looked down at the ring now slightly covered in sand. "You can't." He repeated just above a whisper, nodding to himself at the reality. He was confused, and sad. He was also a little mad at himself for believing she loved him enough to keep it going. He then felt anger towards Jenna. She didn't love him as much as she led him to believe. If she did she would be willing to fight to stay together, right? He shook his head, refusing to beat himself up about it. He grabbed the ring from the sand and shoved it in his pocket. He stood up. "Congratulations. You're the first person I was stupid enough to fall for." Tyler examined her face as waiting for the hurt expression, before turning and going back the other way.

Jenna stood there, her hands shaking with anxiety, and her heart crushing itself painfully against her rib cage. It felt as though her heart was trying to escape and follow Tyler where ever he was going.

She couldn't even see anything through her tears. She didn't even know where she was, and he just left her?

"Jenna." A stern voice that belonged to Tyler rang through her ears. "I can't just leave you out here, so... come on." He tried to hide his broken tone, but it seeped through his angry one. He just wanted to get home and cry. He deserved to cry. But he couldn't leave her out here. No matter how hurt he was, he still loved her.

Jenna wiped her eyes, following after Tyler who already began walking again to avoid being close.

You know what you do when you don't know how to handle things?

You quit.

ಠ_ಠ

I almost forgot to post. That's the first time I've been kinda late.