Epilogue

Warnings: none

Words 1488

_

Jenna

All the eyes shifted behind them. All the eyes were on her. She never enjoyed that, but in this situation she didn't care. All she could seem to focus on was one pair of chocolate brown eyes.

Jenna could see Tyler try to contain his huge grin, but Jenna didn't find the need to contain anything. She was happy, and this was the first time that she felt her cheeks burn from a smile.

As she approached the alter, everyone sat back down into their seats. Jenna was finally close enough to grab Tyler's hands. She was also close enough to see the nerves bouncing around in Tyler's body. His palms were sweaty and they were shaking uncontrollably.

She squeezed his hands to maybe help him calm down. 'It's okay' she lipped, and Tyler looked down, his smile radiating from his lips, and he took a deep breath in.

"Good afternoon! We're gathered here today, not to witness the beginning of what will be, but rather already is! We do not create this marriage, because we cannot. We can and do, however, celebrate with Tyler and Jenna and their friends and families the wondrous and joyful occurrence that has already taken place in their lives." The priest began. Now it wasn't just Tyler shaking it was Jenna. "Now, the next step will be facing each other and joining hands, but that seems to already be done."

A few chuckles could be heard from their friends and family. "Jenna, you'll begin. Repeat after me, "I, Jenna,"

"I, Jenna,"

"Take you, Tyler,"

"Take you, Tyler, to be my husband. To have and to hold from this day forward," she paused, as Tyler's smile grew. She loved his smile. "For better, for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness or in health." Jenna's eyes began to tear up at the next spoken words: "to love and to cherish, until death do us part."

Tyler squeezed her hands in his, as he let out a small happy breath. "It is now your turn, Tyler. Repeat after me-"

"I, Tyler, take you, Jenna, to be my wife. To have and to hold from this day forward. For better or for worse. For richer or for poorer. In sickness or in health. And to love and to cherish, until death do us part." Tyler interrupted. He wanted to get this over with, he was getting anxious to kiss her. They both smiled giddily as if they were both happy children preforming a play.

Jenna could never explain the feeling of hearing Tyler say those words. It was like a promise that she knew he'd never break. There was something magical knowing that someone loved you as much as you loved them. Because it's easy to fall in love with someone but it isn't always common to have the feelings reciprocated.

"Now for the vows. Tyler you can go first."

Tyler took a deep breath as he shifted on his feet. "I know you don't think it's true, but the first time I laid my eyes on you I fell in love." Tyler nodded his head and bit the inside of his lip. A smile broke through as he let out a breathy chuckle. "And the book we've been writing. About how we met, and all the struggles we faced. I remember you having to nag me to even begin writing it, but after a while I became obsessed with it. All because every time I tried to remember a simple word I said, or a simple thought I had, it all made me realize how much I really love you. The story helped me realize that all my mistakes that I've made in life led me to you, and I'm so thankful." His eyes began to fill with tears as he looked up to maybe help him to hold in the tears. "I'm so thankful, you have no idea." His voice sounded croaked, and it made Jenna smile. She knew they were happy tears, and she was happy she could bring him to tears of happiness. All of the happiness was overwhelmingly great. Tyler took a deep breath and nodded towards the priest.