{𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞} Is It Okay?

ಠ_ಠ

_

Warnings: talks of sexual abuse.

'Is it okay?'

'It's okay.'

Words 940

_

Jenna

"The stars are beautiful tonight." Tyler said as he sat down on the blanket.

"I know. It's the perfect time to tell each other our darkest secrets." Tyler turned his head to look at Jenna, a worried arch in his brows.

"I'm really sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't find it necessary, especially through a time like this." Tyler explained, referencing the fresh knowledge Jenna found out about Tyler.

Jenna nodded, ignoring any apologies. "Can I tell you one of my darkest secrets?" She managed to say in a whisper as if other people could hear.

Tyler paused for a moment, before scooting closer to Jenna. "If you want me to know." He said in the same volume.

Jenna took a deep breath. The air felt toxic, and the trees waved a sappy scent into Jenna's nostrils. She was deciding whether or not to look at Tyler. She wasn't sure if she could say what she wanted if she was looking at him, yet it was the most personal way. And this wasn't some comedy act.

Jenna looked up, staring into Tyler's brown, almost black, eyes. All she saw was comfort and curiosity. He was waiting patiently for her secrets, yet she didn't exactly know how to word them. Should she just say it? Say it and then shrug as if it's nothing? But it was something. Tyler should be worried about it, so why was Jenna so afraid of his reaction?

Tyler lifted his eyebrows after she didn't speak. He gulped down a nervous feeling. Her eyes told him something was wrong. All he wanted to do was to hold her and ask her what was bothering her. But he knew it wasn't that easy. If she wasn't willing to say it, he couldn't force her.

Jenna took a deep breath, her eyes becoming watery. She's never said it out loud, yet here she was. "I..." She let out a shaky breath, which could be mistaken as a small sob, as her head hung low. She shook her head as a tear hit the fabric blanket, leaving a small discolored mark behind. Tyler's head followed Jenna's refusing to look away from her eyes. The brown of his irises seem to darken as worry, concern and confusion filled his mind. He used his hand to lift her chin, wiping away any tear that could fall. Jenna took a breath as the worst sentence no girl would ever want to speak left her chapped lips. "I was raped." She whispered, so quietly it was almost incoherent. Tyler would've missed the words if he wasn't so close, listening intently. She tried to say it as simple as she could, to maybe lessen the blow. She took a shaky breath in once she saw the color drop from Tyler's face.

His features changed immediately to something Jenna had never seen before. His pupils moved rapidly as he scanned the area around him. His mouth open the slightest bit due to shock.

He rubbed his hand across his mouth as he thought. His whole body language was the definition of distress. "When did this happen?" He asked, his voice more forcing than he meant it to be.

"A year ago. At a party." Jenna answered, it was becoming easier to talk now, the anxiety had left her to taunt another victim. "It's okay. It's over now."

Tyler took a deep breath, as he thought of what to do. "Alright. Well, have you told anyone?"

"No. Just Brennan." As the name escaped her lips, her voice got quiet. It was hard speaking his name knowing that he couldn't answer.

Tyler took a deep breath in, and exhaled, his lips forming an 'o' shape. "Jen, you can't keep this a secret."

Jenna shook her head. "No, it's my secret to keep not yours. I'll keep it if I want and tell who I want." She said in a demanding tone. She wasn't going to be talked into this, and she wanted to make that clear.

Tyler rubbed his eyes with his palms, leaning his head down as he thought. "Do you know who did it?" He said quietly.

"Yes."

"Who?"

"You don't know him."

"I don't care." Tyler looked up at Jenna, his eyebrows lifted to tell her to continue.

Jenna took a deep breath. "Carter Norman."

Tyler nodded. He looked around for a moment. "Does he live around here?"

"No. He goes to college now. He was the same age as my brother."

Tyler nodded, he let out a sigh. He found some sort of relief in that fact. At least he wasn't close enough to hurt her again, even if it was a year ago. "Okay." He whispered.

"Is it okay?" Jenna repeated what Tyler asked her earlier.

Tyler took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. "It's okay."

Jenna nodded, crawling over beside him and hugging his arm, and leaning her head on his shoulder. Tyler rested his head on hers, giving her a small kiss on the top.

"If you ever feel uncomfortable with the things I do or say, you tell me okay?"

"Okay," Jenna promised.

ಠ_ಠ

A sad chapter for my birthday. Honestly, it wasn't planned this way but this was actually supposed to be the 21st chapter of the book (also known as the half way mark) but I merged two chapters in the past.

So, for 1: my birthday is today.

For 2: Tyler now knows.

For 3: this was supposed to be the 21st chap.

And for 4: this is the half way marker. 21 chaps left.