{𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊} Taste Tester.

Warnings: one swear word

Warnings: one swear word. Self-doubt.

These chapters seemed a lot longer when every chapter was in one draft. Lmao. I promise I didn't mean to have all these small chapters.

Words 559

_

Jenna

The fork sliced through the lasagna as Tyler added pressure. He scooped the small corner onto his utensil, lifting it up and sliding it in his mouth.

He looked up as he thought. "Hmm... less sugar, more pepper, and a bit of cheese." Tyler judged.

"Ty, there is no sugar, and it's Lasagna—there's cheese on the top." Jenna sighed, flinging her arms up as a sign of her giving up. "Just tell me if it was better than last time."

"It's good." Tyler shrugged.

"Ty," Jenna whined, annoyed.

"What? You got the job already. Why do you need to improve your cooking?"

"You should know this better than anyone. It's called being better than everybody else."

Tyler smiled at her attempted insult. "You're mad right now. Maybe you should rest."

"I'm not mad! Just frustrated that all you answer is 'it's good'" she exaggerated her tone on 'it's good'.

Tyler placed his fork down, creating a small clink, and leaning back in his chair. "They were all delicious. What else am I supposed to say?"

Jenna sighed, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I don't know. You could be honest."

"I am being honest, love. It's good."

Jenna rolled her eyes, twisting on her heel and walking back to the stove to stir her sauce for her next taste testing item; Spaghetti with Parmesan Chicken chunks.

"Do you not think it's good?" Tyler wondered, getting out of his chair and leaning on the counter beside Jenna.

Jenna shrugged. "I don't know." She sighed.

"Sweetheart," Tyler leaned his head into her view, making her turn to face him. "You wouldn't have gotten the job if it wasn't tasty." He mumbled softly. He always had some sort of accent when he was trying to either apologize or comfort Jenna. It was like his 'sweet voice.' A voice reserved for Jenna and Jenna only. It was very comforting.

"Yeah, but what if I was just having a good cooking day?"

"Well, then you must've been having a damn good cooking day." Tyler chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning his bottom onto the counter.

Jenna turned the burner off. "Have you and Josh picked a record company yet?" She changed the subject.

Tyler let out a stressful breath. "No, still lookin'."

"You'll find one." Jenna promised.

"Right. And you'll do great tomorrow at work." Tyler had some sort of confidence in his tone that Jenna couldn't help but trust him on. He was right. She wouldn't have gotten the job unless if she was the one they wanted. "Just don't poison anyone." Tyler added.

Jenna laughed. "Oh, no. Never." She said in a teasing tone.

"You probably used all the poison on my food didn't you?" Tyler questioned skeptically.

Jenna reached for Tyler's plate, placing down the next dish. "Here, sit down. This is the last one. I promise."

Writers note - cooking obsession alert! Yep, that's me.
                               - Jenna Black

_

Happy Friday!

Remember Tyler's sweet voice! It'll make another appearance sooner or later maybe. Also, if you haven't noticed 'is it okay?' is another thing that will repeatedly be said at least in this book. It's like their thing y'know?

So, this was a while ago. (My birthday) but my friend, who is a guy, sent me a video of him singing happy birthday and I got a new phone and I almost lost the video. Luckily, I still had my contacts and I still had the video through messages. Holy crap. I almost cried not going to lie.