Introduction(Chapter 1)

Hi, allow me to introduce myself. I am Ashu and I am 16 years old who lives in Mumbai, India.

I am in 10th grade right now. My hobbies are acting, acting, and acting. I have been acting on stage since I was 10 years old and I love what I do. I wish to become a successful actor someday. It's not about the money for me, but more about the recognition of being a great actor.

You might be wondering what I look like; well, I am not that good at detailing stuff so bear with me. I am 5'6" or 168 cm tall, black eyes, pointed nose, and fair skin. I'm not all that,but I'm decent looking. I have a bit of an androgynous face. For those of you who don't know what that means, I have a face with masculine as well as feminine features although no one has ever picked on me for it.

I'm a bit popular at my school Aadarsh Public School because of my winning streak of 12 acting competitions although only 5 of them were solo performances. My drama team is the best in this world that I can count on anything for. I think most of the credit goes to them since I feel I'm just leading them on a creative path. I know, I know, I am talking about myself only from the very start. You must be thinking I am self-obsessed.

My father's name is Ajay. He's 38 and has worked as a civil engineer for the past 20 years. You may be thinking that the maths doesn't add up. How could he have obtained a degree at the age of 18? Well, he didn't. When he completed 12 grade he got a job and gained knowledge and experience while on the job. Experience makes the man perfect, as they say, and he's definitely the best at what he does. He's my role model.

My mom, the beautiful Agni, is a typical Indian homemaker, like so many other Indian wives. She's a very wise lady who has all the answers whenever I have a question. The most helpful person I know. I love her to death.

I have a younger sister as well. Her name is Bobbiey. She's currently 13 and in 7th grade. She has an outgoing personality and by outgoing, I mean she is happier being with her friends while rather irritating when she's at home. Although, she's a huge supporter of my acting and I love her unconditionally.

My drama team has 8 members, including me. Mandeep, Shubham, Pawan, John, Kritika, Suman, and Bhavika. We are more than just friends, we're family. They may be the only friends I have, but that's okay, they're the only friends I need. I feel I'm lucky to have them.

Mandeep and Shubham are 11th graders while Kritika and Suman are in 9th grade. The rest of us are in 10th grade.

Out of us, John was born in Canada, but when he was 2 years old, his father got transferred to India and they've lived here ever since.

Mandeep is from Punjab and he is a follower of Sikh religion. He just moved to Mumbai 3 years ago. He knows Bhangra as well. You wouldn't believe how good he is at Bhangra. He is a proud for his culture.

Shubham and I are neighbours as well. Please don't tell him that I told you, but he really has a not so secret crush on Bhavika. He's never outright said so, but I can clearly see that. God knows why Bhavika hasn't figured it yet or maybe she is just ignoring knowingly.

Pawan is the kind of person that doesn't care about mushy romantic stuff. He stays away from girls who may try to get his attention. He is not gay, but he knows what he wants and I love that about him.

Kritika is the youngest of all of us. Even Suman is just 2 months older than Kritika, she is like a doll of the group. She has a model-like attitude which is good for her aim in life. Yes, to be a model for Forbes magazine. She works desperately for her goal.

Suman is a shy kind of girl. I wonder where this shyness goes on stage. It seems like she's always eating something and never gaining any weight. She's also the most athletic student in the whole school and can beat any guy on the track.

Remind me not to make her angry, 'cause she's strong-willed, she knows what she wants and gets angry easily when things don't go according to plans.

Bhavika is the motivational driver of our team. Whenever we think that we won't be able to do something, she barges in and says we can do it. This last play we acted, I got an ankle sprain and lost hope of performing and she came out of an idea with little changes in the script, she made me perform on a wheelchair and you know we won that's why I say real credit goes to my team for our winning streak.