Appointment (Chapter 9)

Saturday, 2nd January 2016

I wake up at 6 a.m. to get ready for school, do my usual routine, join my family on dining table.

I say, "Mom, Dad, I had a really weird and good dream last night."

Mom says questionably, "That you met sabryna and she gave you a business card to schedule an appointment."

I, "How do you know?"

Dad, "Because here is your business card."

I, "Oh God, I am still struggling to believe it."

Bobby, "That's ok bro, it is not something happen today."

Mom, "Don't forget to pick your phone to school and submit it to your teacher. You have to make a call during lunch."

I, "I will mom. Thanks for reminder."

I call Shubham after breakfast to know if he is still at home and I invite him to go to school together and he agreed. Bobby and I pick our bicycles and move towards Shubham's house. We pick him up and head straight to the school.

School bell rings after 10 minutes when we reached our classes indicating that it is time for assembly. We pray and teachers guide us back to our classes. Today, first period is Social Science.

It goes well, nothing to tell about unless to want some social science lessons which I am pretty sure you don't. Also, social science is a bit boring subject to me. Next lesson is of English Language. We read a story from the book, one paragraph per student.

Teacher, "John, can you please continue where Ishita left."

John startled, "Um-m, sorry Madam I wasn't paying attention."

Teacher, "and that's why I pointed you. Now move and stand outside the class."

John apologizes but teacher refuses to listen. I think, "I should talk to teacher and report the reason. I didn't get the chance to talk to him. Maybe, Mandeep and Shubham can handle it better."

Before teacher leaves the class, I approach her and report that John is going through some depression because of his parent's fight and I got to know about it yesterday.

She says, "Oh my God, so this is the reason he was acting strange from the last week or so. I was actually about to set him on a psychologist's session but thank you it helps a lot. You are a true friend."

I, "No madam, it is just my duty."

Teacher touches my chin showing affection for her student and smiles, "I will do whatever I can Ashu. Now don't worry, okay and let me handle it."

This makes me at a little ease but I can't just simply sit back relax. I must take some action to help John. Rest of time till lunch went just in the wait for lunch break and classes.

The bell for lunch break chimes and we ran towards playground. I just got a reminder from my mind and I walk towards my teacher to get back my phone and promise her to submit back before the break ends.

I pick out the business card and for the first time notice the name on it. It was Mohit Shrivastav. I dial the number carefully and notice I am in a crowed place and not an atmosphere to talk privately. So, keeping my phone and card back in my pocket, I search for a quiet place and I found an empty class.

I tap dial button of my phone and within a few seconds, it rings. After 3 or 4 rings, he picks the call, "Hello, who is this?

I reply, "Good afternoon sir, I am Ashu. May I ask is this Mr. Mohit Shrivastav, I am talking with."

Mohit, "Yes, you are."

I say nervously, "Mr. Mohit, Ms. Sabryna asked me to call you so you can schedule an appointment for me with her. Maybe she told you about me."

Mohit, "Yeah, I remember, so you are the one. Ok, let me check. Can you come to office tomorrow at 12 noon and we can have lunch as well after meeting?"

I reply hesitantly not knowing what to say so I just reply, "Sure, why not?"

"Ok then, see you tomorrow, have a good day.", he greets.

I reply, "You too, sir, thank you, bye."

And then he cuts the call. Then I deposit my phone back and joins back Taaleem. I tell them I called Mr. Mohit Shrivastav, manager of Ms. Sabryna. They jump in excitement and ask me what happen. I tell them that I have a meeting with her tomorrow. They greet me with congratulations and All the best.

After all the conversation, I ask Shubham and Mandeep if they can join me in private. They nod and follow me.

"I have two topics to talk about. One is important and other is even more important.", I say in a very serious tone because I am serious as much as I possibly can.

Mandeep says in confusion, "and those two topics are..."

I reply looking in his eyes, "The more important topic is John. Do you remember what he said after competition?"

Mandeep, "You are right. I remember every single word of his and I am worried too. Do you know any solution to his problem?"

I say, "Seriously no, I don't. I reported it to our teacher and she said I shouldn't worry about him because she can take care of the matter but I can't sit relax."

Shubham, "Neither we do, Ashu. Let's talk to him and try to find out the reason for fights. If we can resolve that John will automatically be cured."

Mandeep, "That's a wonderful idea. Now, time for another topic."

I speak abruptly not giving any time to Shubham, "Shubham likes Bhavika but he isn't confessing his love to her because he is fearful of being rejected and causes Taaleem to break apart."

Shubham starts staring at me with killer eyes and feeling embarrassed at the same time. Mandeep burst out in laughter, "I see, yes, it is definitely an important topic to talk about."

Shubham checks become red hot with embarrassment but the bell rings indicating the break is over. So, we have to go back to our classes. Damm, he again manages to get rid of the conversation but I am sure Mandeep must be taking or teasing him.

The school ends at its time and we are ready to leave. Today I seriously don't know what happened in any class. All the time I could only think about the meeting I have tomorrow. It's going to be a big day.