Who is Waiting There? (Chapter 26)

It's already 2 pm and we did a pretty good progress on John's case which I haven't expected but luckily, we are doing pretty good by now. Mandeep and I are walking around the street and thinking about the further plan. I feel a little hungry so Mandeep suggested eating something from a nearby shop.

I buy some chips and mango juice while Mandeep orders for a cold drink with Samosa. We sit nearby on a bench and Mandeep says, "Amayra, I know where this place is but I don't know if we will be able to get to talk with someone. I mean why someone would allow two unknown teenagers to enter his/her house."

I, "You got a point but we can't find any way sitting here. Let's finish eating and go to the place. God will help us."

Mandeep, "I hope you are right."

We finish eating and hire a taxi to drive to the given address. We reach there in about 15 minutes. I pay the fair while Mandeep moves towards the guard of that house.

When I look at the house, I see it is a big mention with a fountain in the middle of the garden clearly visible from outside. I see a few rabbits running around here and there, white marble pillars supporting the mention, beautiful crafting done on bushes and hell of beauty unable to explain in words.

I wonder who lives here. When I try hard to remove my gaze from the beauty, I see Mandeep having an argument with the guard. The guard is not allowing us to go in because we don't have an appointment or any proof that we know the owner whose name, I guess, is Mrs. Anupama.

When the argument starts catching heat, I pull back Mandeep to stop any possible fight. We both stand there for another 15 minutes to find a solution. Suddenly we see a car getting inside the house.

Before anyone could interpret anything, I jump right in front of the car. The man on the driver seat pulls the break and comes out with an angry face.

Angry Man, "Hey kid, are you mad? You could have hurt yourself."

I, "I am sorry sir but I had no other choice."

By the time, we both have a look at each other's faces. I also see a lady sitting inside the car next to the driver's seat.

Angry man, "Wait! Are you, by any chance, Amayra?"

I, "Yo...you know me, Mr. Karan."

Yes, you heard right. The man standing in front of me is the one and only Mr. Karan, the lead actor of the movie I am taking part in, and the lady inside is Ms. Shanaya, the lead actress of the same movie.

I speak again, "But how?"

Karan, "Oh, sorry to surprise you. I guess Sabryna hasn't told you. She had shown me your picture after you got selected for the role. I like to know my colleagues."

I think, "Oh God, what should I do now. Does he know that I am not a real girl? If yes, should I act as much feminine as possible for me because he might judge me on that basis and if no, what impression I had made in front of him. Should I tell him then?"

Karan calls Shanaya out of the car and introduces me to her. Of course, she doesn't need any introduction. These two people are the most popular beings in the entire Bollywood industry.

I can't tell you what I am holding back right now. I want to jump in excitement about meeting them in person but at the same time, I am confused about how should I act. Ms. Shanaya seems to read my face and mind.

Shanaya, "Hello, sis. I was excited to meet my new sister but didn't expect it like this. Hey, you need to relax. I can clearly see the worries of judgment on your face. Just relax, there is no need to be so much conscious."

Her words put me at ease but then Mr. Karan speaks, "Now that introductions are done. Tell me why you jumped in front of my car."

This whole time, Mandeep was just standing on one side, witnessing the entire conversation with his jaw dropped to the ground and without moving even a single muscle.

I reply, "I am sorry, I didn't have any choice. My friend Mandeep and I came here for about half an hour ago and we need to meet Mrs. Anupama."

Mandeep comes out of the shock as he hears his name and he waves a hand towards us. He speaks, "He—Hello sir and mam. i..it is a pl..pleasure to meet you. Can I have an autograph."

Karan, "Hey, you don't need an autograph. You are a friend of the most beautiful upcoming heroine."

Mandeep shares a smile and tries to calm down.

Karan, "Back to the point. Why you want to meet my mom?"

I, "What! She is your mom. I didn't know that. Actually, we need to know something from her. A friend of mine is in danger and she could be a big help."

Karan, "If that's the case. Let's talk after getting inside."

Mandeep and I thank him for the help and for forgiving me doing that jump in front of the car act. I promise him not to do it again. He makes us sit in the drawing-room and offers some tea.

We accept the offer with thanks. Outside it is really cold these days. Karan calls his mom while we were having tea. After five minutes, we see a lady in her 50's looking very young and elegant lady enter the drawing-room.

Her appearance seems enough for her introduction. Mandeep and I both come to know that this lady is Mrs. Anupama even before her saying even a single word.

We thank her for her time.