Shopping (Chapter 17)

After having our lunch, mom makes the payment from my card. We move out of the door. At the door, I turn my head backward to confirm if I am hallucinating or someone is actually looking at me for long. After a search of a minute, I found no one and just move ahead.

It is really messy to handle these hairs. They keep coming to my face and mom has to teach me how to take care of that. I lookout for a shop for some clips to tie these hairs and I find it in a corner.

Mom agrees to visit there first and we enter the shop. A sales-girl around 20 years old welcome us and ask, "Welcome to Beauty bar. I am Chitra. May I help you ladies?"

Mom, "Sure, please help my daughter to pick some beautiful hair clips for her beautiful hairs."

Chitra, "I would love to. Would you like to have some hairbands or rubber bands as well?"

Mom, "Actually, she needs all the hair accessories if you can show her."

Chitra, "Please follow me."

Mom and I follow her and buy two dozen pairs of hair clips in all different colors and sizes, 6 hair bands, and a dozen rubber band. Then we check out and search for a shop to buy me some lingerie.

At first, I try to argue that if is it necessary to buy them because no one could see them under my clothes but she replies, "Amayra, don't forget who you are now and we can skip it you want boys looking at you all the time."

I say, "OK mom, you won."

As we enter a shop selling lingerie for women and young girl, mom asks the sales clerk to get me measured. Well, I am not comfortable sharing my size with all of you. So, let's just skip it. We buy one and a half dozen sets of bras, panties, bikinis including a set of tan through bikini as well.

I don't understand why mom bought that. I mean it's not like I have real boobs which get tanned if I go to a beach in a bikini. She bought every single color available, I guess. I could see the excitement in her eyes.

Next, we visit three different shops to buy 10 skirts and 15 matching tops. She also bought 7 dresses in different styles and lengths. I put two really feminine looking jeans because I know mom won't allow me to have anything boyish but to my surprise, she took off those jeans and replace them with two shear nude, 1 black and 1 white stockings.

Then, she asks to find a perfect shop for footwear. It took me five minutes to find a good one in this big mall. I request mom not to buy any high heels and we come to an agreement not to buy more than 3-inch-long heels.

The entire day is really tiresome and I ask mom to hold the shopping for a little while and have rest but she was too excited to listen. So, we end up buying every little piece a would need as a girl.

Now, I think my wardrobe is even bigger than Bobby has. I haven't felt much nervousness. You know why because if my mom couldn't recognize me, who could have?

Seriously, I am dying to see faces of my dad and Bobby when they look at me like this and how will my team Taaleem react? Now that I need to withdraw my name from the school, how would they take me not the part of their team? Do I need to find my replacement? Who should be the next leader of Taaleem? Who would it affect our friendship?

There are hell lot of questions, I need answers to know. But I think right now, I should focus on the present. I am sure time will give all the answers. All I could do is pray for good and wait for the time come.

Mom buys so many things that it became impossible to carry everything to a taxi we booked to get back home. Luckily two gentlemen offer their help and we loaded everything to the taxi.

The driver looks at us like we are loading the entire mall in his taxi which pretty well I think as well. I think mom overdid things. At last, I take a breath of relief that the shopping is over and no one suspected me.

We reach home late in the evening. I think around 8 p.m. Mom gets out of the taxi and rings the doorbell. Dad opens the door and looks at mom. Mom ordered me earlier not to deboard from the taxi until she asks me to.

I look at mom who was telling dad to pick everything from the taxi and bring the stuff in the house. She calls me, "Amayra, come out and get it the house." By the time dad already unloaded the taxi and mom was paying the fare to the driver.

Dad looks at me and asks my mom, "Agni, who is this beautiful girl and where is Ashu and why are you so late? We were getting worried."

Mom laugh looking at Dad and speaks, "Ajay, meet Amayra. She is your daughter. A gift from Ashu and me."

Dad looks carefully at me in confusion and soon realizes who I am. His eyes open as wide as he could open them. His mouth opens in the shape of "O" as he puts a hand on it.

Dad asks me, "Ashu! is it really you?"

I blush too hard and reply, "Yes and No. Um, I was Ashu but Sabryna and mom made me Amayra off course because of the obvious reasons I choose. Sabryna said that it is my project to learn to be a girl and practice in the studio daily."

Dad, "Wait! Then how you suppose to continue your studies."

I, "Oh my dear dad! Would you ask all the questions making me stand outside the house?"

Dad, "Oh sorry. Please come in."

Authors note: If you have any ideas please message me in inbox.