Confession (Chapter 3)

Monday, 21st December 2015

My alarm went off at six am, but I wasn't ready to get up. I shut off the alarm and rolled over, telling myself, "just five more minutes."

Next second my mom comes in my room and pull my blanket off me and ordered me to go to fresh. She looked very furious. I ask her where is dad. Not because I cared at the moment but I don't want to knock on the toilet door again. She tells me that dad is already off to work because of some emergency at the site.

I ask if something wrong and she replies with a no in answer.

She says, "There is some machine breakdown and a guard is injured but nothing to worry about."

I sigh in relief then head to the bathroom. After taking bath I see my sister is waiting for me to come out so she could also use it. I let her in and goes to the kitchen, pick my breakfast, and start eating. Today, I have multi-grain bread and butter with pineapple juice.

When Bobby comes at the dining table and she asks, "Mom! can I go to the hospital to visit my friend I told you about?"

Mom reply, "Sorry sweetie but you can't go alone."

Bobby, "Please mom I am really worried about her."

I say, "If she can't go alone, I can accompany her."

Mom, "Don't you have drama practice to go."

I reply, "Mom, you always forget that I have drama class only Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday."

Mom, "In that case, you can go."

Bobby says cheerfully, "Thanks mom, thanks, bro."

We both head to the school waving bye to mom.

On the way, I find John walking by. I ask him for a lift on my bicycle and he happily said yes and sat behind me. We reach school just in time before the bell rings. Placing our bags in the classroom, we head to the assembly hall and stand on our positions as the morning prayer starts. Most of the Indian schools start with a prayer of God like ours.

After assembly is over, we head back to our classes in a row. The first period is about maths today. I don't say I love math but don't either hate it. Five periods passed and lunch break starts. My whole team gathers in the playground like any other day carrying our lunch boxes. We ate together, chat a bit and then a friend of Bhavika called all girls of our group for some girly game I don't know much about. Mandeep, John, and Pawan go to play football. I look at Shubham who was smiling lightly while looking at somewhere.

I ask, "Hey bro, why don't you ask her for a date?"

He startled, "What! W-whom should I ask?"

"Come on, don't play dumb. I know you like her, it's written on your face." I say.

He says, "Who told you I like Bhavika?"

I reply giggling, "See, I never named her."

"Ok, ok, you win. I am afraid. What if she said no and it becomes awkward to perform together? It may ruin our group and I can't risk that.", Shubham says.

I reply in confidence, "I don't think so, the family never falls apart. You can't know until you try. Just don't rush for an answer. Give her the time she needs."

He nods and moves toward her but changed his direction towards the classroom and run away.

I slap my forehead and moves to my class as well. Nothing much happened for the rest of the day. I just went to the hospital with Bobby after school and came back after presenting Bobby's friend some flowers and some fruits by 7 pm. Then Bobby went to the kitchen to help mom and I went to mine for some study. Mom asks Bobby if she hasn't any homework to do and she replies, "No, not today."

Wednesday, 22nd December 2015

Today, there is a state-level Bhangra competition and off course, Mandeep is taking part in it. He is practicing from around 3 months to perfect his performance even though he doesn't even need practice.

I learn from him that you are never perfect and there is a chance of improvement anyway. So, everyone needs practice. He once told me that becoming perfect is never difficult, what difficult is maintaining perfection and he had learned it hard way. I am thankful that I have seniors like him.

My day started, as usual, I wake up at 6 a.m., have cereals for breakfast. I don't like cereals much but you know a superstar has to take care of his shape. I know I will succeed soon. Today dad dropped both of us at school and head to his work. He promised to pick us back but I said I will myself as I have practice today. So, he should pick Bobby only.

Mandeep wasn't at school, obviously, he is off for the dance competition. This is his sixth performance in continuance witch he is going to win. The last one he lost was an unfair result or maybe this is just my biased opinion because Mandeep said that the result was fair. I don't know much about Bhangra. After school, we started our practice without waiting for Mandeep because we don't know if he can come today or not.

The rest of the week was nothing eventful so I give you a little insight. We visited two more times at the hospital for Bobby's friend.

I attended school and drama class afterward. But this week I noticed that John was acting a little differently. I mean not in drama but in real. It was a little strange watching him.

A guy tries to do flirt with Kritika on Saturday. When she refused his proposal, he took it on his ego and we have to barge in for her rescue. I understand his proposal as Kritika is really cute and pretty but when a girl says no you should accept it as no. The teacher signed some sessions with our school psychologist for Kritika for some counseling to ensure she didn't get any emotional harm and also for the boy who tried to flirt so that if he has some problem with him then I can be solved as well. I can see that she was baffled at that time.

By the way, all students are always allowed to her anytime.

Shubham tried to delay the conversation we had during lunch on Tuesday. Mandeep's competition result was still in delay. I don't know what they are thinking but maybe they want to declare the results of all state at once.

Edited by Sabrynabrooklynne. Find her here wattpad.com/user/sabrynabrooklynne