Friends Talk (Chapter 21)

As I reach my room, I instantly pull out my phone from my pocket. They were talking about and sometimes tagging me in some messages to know where I am.

I message in the group, "Hello, friends."

Mandeep, "Oh! See who is here. Our beauty queen. Where the hell you were?"

Shubham, "Yeah! We all are so worried you not showing up from yesterday, not even a word and now the news is on fire that you are transgender."

Kritika, "What the hell is going on?"

Shuman, "We all are discussing this news from last one hour. You better explain everything."

I reply, "Wait! Wait for a second. Who told you that I am a transgender?"

Pawan, "Those stupid 3S are talking about your beauty all the time. I just got a picture of you as well."

Pawan shares the picture of me practicing my walk in the heels.

Bhavika, "my my, Look at this cutie."

I, "I never thought even in my dreams that they will click my picture and share this story so soon."

Shubham, "Forget about dreams. Did I mention how dreamy you look in this?"

I, "Are you trying to flirt with me?"

Bhavika, "Shubham, if you tried to flirt with Ashu, I will disown you."

Shubham, "But I was flirting with Amayra just like friends do, not with Ashu."

Suman, "Hey, I love your new name."

I, "Thanks"

Mandeep, "If you are done, would you mind explaining yourself. I don't think the shoot of the movie started this soon."

I, "Oh, yeah, right. First, I am sorry that I couldn't talk with you guys from yesterday. Actually, I was so busy that I don't even get the time."

I explain everything that happened at Sabryna's office, how she transformed me into a girl, shopping with mom, my dad's reaction watching me as a girl, transgender cover story, my classes today, and who I met with 3S and everything else.

Pawan, "Man, that's a lot to process at once."

Bhavika, "Yeah, it must have been hard for you to process at the changes at once."

I, "Honestly, I just quit thinking about all of it and I am just going with the flow. By the way, where is John?"

Suman, "We haven't seen or heard him as well from yesterday."

I, "What! Have you guys tried reaching him."

Mandeep, "Yes, we did but he is nowhere to be found like you were unavailable. At least, we knew that where you might be busy."

I, "Don't worry, he might be busy as well."

Kritika, "In my opinion, you are already looking like a supermodel, Amayra. I am getting jealous of you."

I, "Yeah, you should be jealous."

Shubham, "Look, who learned how to take compliments so soon."

I, "You don't know, who many compliments I got on my looks from the time of my transformation."

Mandeep, "That's because everybody is saying the truth."

I, "Bro, at least you won't start."

Mandeep, "Hey, don't be such a cry girl."

Pawan, "Mandeep, please don't tease her like this. Hey Amayra, are you coming school to tomorrow?"

I, "Yes, I even cleared my schedule for school as well and I think I need to find a replacement of me in team Taaleem also."

John, "No way, there is no replacement of you."

We all see a message pop up on our mobiles showing John's message and we all jump with one same question on him.

Everyone, "Where are you from yesterday? You didn't come to school as well. We all were worried as hell"

John, "Sorry, you know my parents are fighting almost every day over nothing. I was just busy dealing with them."

I, "Oo, poor John. Hey, you don't need to deal with it alone. We all are here with you. Now, would you tell me why you didn't message earlier?"

John, "I was online all the time but whenever I try to type something someone else messaged the same and I didn't get the chance."

Mandeep, "John, are you alright now?"

John, "Yes, I am. Thanks for asking but I am all ok."

Kritika, "Are you attending your sessions with School Psychiatrist? Believe me, they help a lot."

John, "You are right. Those sessions helped me a lot to compose myself."

Suman, "I think, we have something else to discuss as well and that is Amayra is talking about a replacement."

I, "Can we talk about it tomorrow during lunch break. I promise you will understand."

Everyone agrees and I tell them that I have to go now and we will talk tomorrow.

I put my phone on charging and head downstairs. I call my mom who is working in the kitchen but before I can say something she speaks.

Mom, "Amayra, I had called your school in the morning and I told them everything about you being a transgender and that you are coming to school tomorrow."

I ask, "Bu-but how you know what I was about to ask?"

Mom, "I am your mom, Amayra. I know you can't be separated from your teammates and when you told me that I don't withdraw you from school today. I knew you are going to clear your schedule so that you can attend school."

"Mom, you are the best.", I say.

Mom, "Are you ready to face the school in your new avatar?"

I reply, "I will never be ready but I don't have a choice."

Mom, "I guess, you are right. Now, go to the dinner table after taking a bath and by the time your dinner will be ready. Don't forget to tie your hairs up and you're your body wash."

I, "But I don't have one."

Mom, "Not until today morning. I bought it for you. Now, hurry up and wear your nightgown after the bath. For your information, they are placed on the top shelf of your wardrobe."

I, "Okay mom."

I get back to my room and pick a fresh pair of bra and panty and my new nightgown as well. I take my bath as mom directed. After drying myself, I struggle with the bra. I still don't know how to wear it.

I think, "Oh god. Why is this so hard? Ok Ashu, just concentrate, nothing could be difficult for you. Think of some other idea."

I think for a few seconds then come up with an idea. I grab the two ends of my bra and roll the bra over my waist keeping the ends in front. Then I hook both ends and turn the bra 180 degrees. After that, I pull the strips on my shoulders and wolla.

After getting ready, I get to the dinner table to eat. After dinner, I chat with Bobby, dad, and mom about the whole day and go to get some sleep.