Evening in Daze (Chapter 8)

I received a business card that belongs to manager of the great director Sabryna. I still can't believe it. Just how is this possible? I am sure this is not a dream but still, it's hard to believe as well. We all are amazed and instantly barged on Pawan with hundreds of questions at once.

Like, how you know her? Why didn't you tell us earlier? Why did she call you? Why did she ask about Ashu from you? Why she gave her manager's business card to Ashu? What does she want from Ashu? etc.

At this point, Pawan is fed up with all the questions. None of us give him time to answer even a single question. He shouts in rage, "Shut up you all. Only one question at a time. Understand."

We all stand listening to him roaring. A lot of people were looking at us. We apologies to everybody then start staring at Pawan waiting for some answers.

I remained silent for some moments to calm himself down. He continues, "Listen, you all, I am also in shock as much as you are. I have answers to only a few questions but I am tired of all this and trying to wrap all the events happened today. So, if you allow me to have some rest and we will continue this tomorrow during lunch."

We all were disappointed at his answer but nobody said anything and head to our teacher who came with us while mumbling something.

Teacher told us that we are leaving in 10 minutes so if anyone has something left to do then complete your business and meet him on the bus.

I call mom, "Hi mom."

Mom, "Hi sweety, how are you? How was your competition? Do you win? How stupid I am to ask, it's obvious that only you can win."

"I am good mom but don't you think one question at a time would be better." I said and thought comes in my mind, "Oh god! Mom just asked 2-3 questions and I am reacting like this. We asked him at least a hundred."

I continue, "Anyhow, we came 2nd and I am happy about that. We had an argument on that where everybody was blaming himself/herself. I feel this is our victory so I count it as our 13 victories in a row.

"I am proud of you all my child.", Mom says.

I, "Thanks mom but this isn't the reason I called you. Tell me, is dad home?"

Mom, "Not at the moment."

I, "Ok, let me connect him on a conference call."

Without waiting for an answer, I put mom's call on hold and call dad. Dad picks my call after two rings and tells him to wait a second so that I can connect the conference call.

"Hi, dad.", I say

Dad, "Hello my superstar, why you put me on hold?"

I, "I was connecting a conference call with mom. She is on the line. Dad, what time will you be at home?"

Dad, "I will come in about 3 hours son."

I ask, "Can you come in an hour? I need to see you."

Mom, "Is everything alright Ashu?"

I was thrilled while replying, "Oh yes yes, everything is fine. I have a surprise for both of you and can't explain on call."

Dad, "Ok, let me inform my boss and I will see you at home."

Bus starts and I check if everybody is on board and tell my teacher that we can move. It was almost 6 in the evening. I think about everything happened and dosed off.

Mandeep wakes me when we reach our school. I was sleeping my mouth open and a little saliva coming out of mouth because of my snoring. I know it's gross but Pawan was right, it was a long tiring day.

We get out of bus and I head to my bicycle. We wave each other bye. Shubham says that he can drive and I should sit back. I agree and we reach outside Shubham's door. He gets off then waves me bye and rings his house bell. I move towards my house and say, "I am home." while entering the hall.

Mom greets me, "Welcome home my packet of surprise."

I chuckle at her comment and see dad entering the house. He looks at me and smiles, "When did you get back."

I reply, "Just a few seconds ago, dad."

"You didn't give me time to ask the result.", Dad.

I, "You are second this time."

Dad, "I am sad that you lost your streak but it's a part of life and I hope you understand this."

I, "I do dad."

Dad, "So, what is the surprise you were talking about."

I, "I think you should get fresh before we talk. I am sure you are tired as well."

He nods and I move to my room to change into my nightwear.

Mom calls me when dinner is ready.

I catch up with everybody on dinner table and Bobby says, "Congratulations bro! this time you can't escape from party."

I say, "Thanks Bobby but I think we will get a bigger party when I will tell you what happened today.

She frowned in excitement and says, "Than why are you wasting time? Tell us what happened."

"After all of the performances were over, The Sabrynabrooklynne came personally to meet all of us an-and she gave me a visiting card. It belongs to her manager and she wants me to set an appointment with her."

"Really, you are kidding right. Are you seriously serious? How all of this happened?", Bobby asks in amusement while mom and dad looking at me like they also want the answers to her questions.

I explain everything to all the three then a final question comes on my way, "What does she want from you?", all the three asked in unison.

I reply, "I don't know. She faded in the crowd before I could ask her."

"and what have you decided?", Bobby.

I, "Surely, I will make a call to find out. What time will it be good to call dad?

Dad, "I guess you should do it at lunchtime."

Finishing dinner, I ask dad we could skip today's study as I am really tired. He nods thankfully and I go straight to my bed and doze off almost instantly.

Edited by Sabrynabrooklynne. Find her here

wattpad.com/user/sabrynabrooklynne