First lesson (Chapter 20)

We all enter studio 36D and I see Mrs. Khanna looking at me with anger in her eyes. You know why because I am late on my very first day but before she could react, Sushma jumps in.

Sushma, "Hello aunty, how are you?"

Mrs. Khanna, "I am good honey but what brings you here today."

Sushma, "Actually, the 3S was roaming around as usual and Sneha bumps into Amayra. We got to know that she is searching for your place so we came to drop her."

I, "I am so sorry madam. I am late."

Mrs. Khanna, "You better be sorry."

Sushma, "Aunty, she is late because of us. Please don't be tough."

Mrs. Khanna, "Just because you are saying. Now, you all go back and have something to eat. I need to talk to her alone."

They nod and leave me there to Mrs. Khanna's will. She puts a smile on her face and asks me, "Who do you know them?"

I reply, "They are my classmates. I accidentally strike with them and they recognize me."

Mrs. Khanna, "So, what did you tell them?"

I reply, "I tell them that I am a transgender."

She burst into laughter at my comment and say, "Well, that was a nice cover."

My cheeks turn red, "Please don't them the truth. I don't want to reveal it yet and grab unnecessary attention."

Mrs. Khanna, "I understand your concern and promise you that your secret is safe with me. Now, let's get started."

I, "So, what are we practicing today?"

Mrs. Khanna, "You will be practicing walking in heels. Now, remove your sandals and wear these heels."

She hands me a 3-inch pencil heel and I instantly change into them. I try to stand still but tripped after only 2 seconds. Mrs. Khanna shows me how to maintain my center of gravity so I won't trip again. She tells to take short steps while placing one foot in front of the other foot.

I try to act as directed as soon started to get a hang of it. I feel my buts sway left and right with each step due to walking in heels. 3S comes back and Sneha speaks, "Look at the cute butt swaying Amayra." and start giggling.

Again, I am flushed with embarrassment and teasing. I try hard not to look down and give them a smile.

Sakshi, "Hey, stop you girls. Just look at her. It is all new to her and you are teasing her like this. If you can't help them at least don't bother her."

I guess I am used to female pronouns and just look at me. Who would use he looking at me? No one, right? Please comment to answer and give any suggestions on how to deal with this.

Sakshi continues, "Amayra, let me help you."

She slips into another pair of heels and stands beside me. She starts teaching me, step by step and tells me to follow her. I must say that she is an awesome teacher. Sneha and Sushma also join us.

I feel like I am actually playing a game and not on practice. I become quite perfect just in an hour and they actually start teaching me ramp walk. I had a lot of fun.

It's 1:30 p.m. now. I tell 3S that I have another class in 40A so you can leave because they can't help me there. Luckily, they didn't inquiry about it.

After they leave, I ask Mrs. Khanna, "Madam, it is possible that we can schedule my training at 3 p.m. every day because I don't want to quit my school so soon and my school frees me at 2 p.m."

She smiles and tells me, "Amayra, I like you. You are a sweet kid. I like your concern about your school. Let me check my schedule and see what we can do. You know it will be of 2 hours daily you have to practice here and 22 hours outside, repeating everything you learn."

I reply, "I know, madam. Thanks a lot. Bye, have a nice day"

Mrs. Khanna, "You too, sweety."

When I was a boy, I mean I am still a boy but when I was not disguised, no one, no one ever called me sweetheart, lovely, sweety, baby, etc. and now it's difficult to admire or ignore them. I don't mean I don't like these words. I just feel overwhelmed.

Oh, I reached 40A while talking with you and I didn't realize. How stupid of me...

I knock on the door and a guard takes me to Mr. Gopal. He is going to teach me how to talk in a feminine voice. Mr. Gopal greats me with Good Evening and I reply with curtesy.

He teaches me some very basic introduction today. I struggle following him but he says it's normal and I will learn soon with practice. He teaches me some mouth exercises and order to practice daily. I request him to change the time of training and coincidently he said that we can change it to 5: 30 p.m.

I get free at about 4 p.m. and I feel starving from hunger in my belly which is barely covered by my top. I instantly head towards my house and call mom to get ready something to eat.

I reach at 4:30 p.m. and welcomed with tasty lunch. Bobby welcome me with a big smile admiring my appearance. During lunch, I receive a text but my phone was in silent mode.

Bobby points toward the message I see that Mrs. Khanna has accepted my request and another 100 messages from group Taaleem including a dozen miscalls.

I think, "Oh crap! Oh crap! They will kill me if didn't hurry,"

When I finish my lunch, Bobby launches herself on me with lots of questions. I tell her that I have something important to do first but I will share everything with after dinner. Thank God, she agreed with getting upset.