Discussion (Chapter 12)

We book the taxi and drive back home after lunch with my future Director/Producer Ms. Sabryna. I pay the fare and Shubham tries to pay half of it but I don't allow him because he was with me and not for his own purpose.

When we came out of taxi around 3 p.m., he asks me, "So, what do you think? You are going to accept this role... right?"

I reply, "I don't know. I can't say anything without any discussion with my family. You know it's not possible."

Shubham, "Yes, I completely understand. I guess you need to go to your home now."

I nod and head inside the house. I see that mom and dad are already at home while Bobby is playing with her dolls. I know she is a bit old to play with dolls but she likes it.

Mom grabs me in her arms as soon as she watches me entering the house and start pulling my checks. It is crystal clear how happy she is. I sign in pain and ask her to leave me.

She tries to control herself realizing what she is doing. I press my cheek to get some relief from the pain then she asks in one breath, "How was the meeting? Oh, what a stupid question, your father told me that you got a role in her movie. Ok, tell me what is the role she offered."

I hesitate, "U-um-mm, actually it is a little complicated that even I couldn't understand. She offered me the role of Mansi, sister of lead actress."

"What!!!", everybody says in unison.

"yes! And before you ask, I don't know why." I reply.

Bobby ask while laughing as hard as she could, "What is the story plot?"

I speak at her question with a serious look on my face, "Bobby! Listen carefully, this is a super-secret. If somebody gets to know about it, I will be put behind the bars like forever. So, before I tell you anything, you all have to promise me to keep it a secret. Okay..."

Everybody says, "We promise."

I, "I haven't read the entire script but I read the basic plot in the taxi while coming home. The name of the movie is 'Aliens from Heaven' and the plot is that some aliens came to earth from a planet named Heaven. The planet is about 47 billion light-years away and humans can't see that far no matter whatever technology we have because we can see only 46.6 billion light-years from earth."

I continue, "This is as much as I can say. I hope you understand."

They nod in agreement and I feel relax that no one will now ask about the script although I still have to convince my team not to force me.

Bobby speak up as the silence covers the house, "So, what did you decide? Are you playing this role my soon to be sister?"

Her teasing doesn't affect me because I am already having a lot. Starting my career as a female actor is not a small thing and I am with a brand; on the top, it is not a small role.

Still, I reply, "I haven't decided it yet. I don't know."

Bobby speaks, "But why? It is a big opportunity."

I, "I know but I am a boy... how can I perform a female role."

Dad says, "Ashu, my son if you are confused because it is a female role then it is useless. Tell me, what do you think about the script? Will it work?"

I, "Dad, the script is awesome. There is no chance it could fail. It is super-hit for sure."

Mom, "Then the decision is simple. You should accept it. You know we are here to help you learn anything you need to learn so that you can play this role efficiently."

Bobby, "Mom is right, Ashu. I would love to have an elder sister.

Dad, "Stop teasing him, Bobby. Listen Ashu, an actor doesn't have a gender. He/she just has a role to play and do justice with it. Maybe you should talk to your friends about it. They probably help you better."

I say thanks to all and head straight to my room. I pick out my phone from my pocket and see some notifications like this one 'you have 15 unread messages' and the number goes increasing.

I check it and find that the conversation in group Taaleem is already started. They were asking Shubham a lot of questions. I read the previous messages and message Hi.

Bhavika, "Here comes Ashu, finally. Congratulations sis."

I, "Please you don't start teasing me."

I see two laughing emojis sent by Kritika.

Bhavika, "Ok, no need to get hyper. Sorry, I was just joking."

Pawan, "Congratulations bro. All the best for the future. I know you will rock it."

Shubham, "He didn't say yes to Sabryna yet."

Mandeep, "What! But why."

I, "You know I am a boy and this is a girl's role."

Mandeep, "So what! Don't you remember the first lesson of acting? An actor doesn't have any gender, caste, creed, or anything else. He just has a role to play."

Suman, "I agree with Mandeep."

Bhavika, Pawan, Shubham, John and Kritika all message, "I agree too."

Then Kritika says, "Just think about it. If you become a successful actor and by any chance still remember us, we all can be successful one day for sure. You can be the future of Taaleem."

I, "No matter what, I can't forget you and you know that."

Suman, "Yes, we know Ashu. She is just joking."

I, "I guess you are all right. I should accept this role. Mom and dad also advised the same."

Pawan, "Shubham already told us not to ask about the script but at least you can tell us the hero and heroine of this film."

I, "Ok, I know you won't tell anybody and you have to keep it a secret as well that I got a film. The hero and heroine are one and only Karan and Shanaya."

Everybody congratulate me once again and I say bye to everybody. I just got a reminder from my mind that I still have a lot of homework to complete and submit tomorrow. I start completing it and sleep after dinner. I tell everybody that I will say yes to Sabryna tomorrow and they all smile in happiness.