Confusion and Proposal (Chapter 13)

Monday, 4th January 2016

As per my daily routine, I wake up at 6 in the morning and hurry towards the bathroom. I almost tripped from the stairs in the panic. I was in a hurry because I saw Bobby is also on the way to the bathroom and I wanted to have a bath first.

She was me running and say, "No need to be in a hurry soon to be sis. You can go first."

I say a little angrily, "Are you going to call me this from now?"

"No, just until you become my elder sis and after that, I can call you onee-chan if you want."

(Note: Onee chan is an informal way of calling elder sister in Japanese."

I shrug and say, "Do whatever you want. I don't care." while pushing her aside and enter the bathroom. After the bath, I open my closet and pick my white shirt and blue pant with a black belt and shoes then ask mom what is in breakfast.

She tells me that she made some toast with mixed fruit juice. I eat my breakfast and wave goodbye to them. Shubham comes out of his house just when I was passing from him. He asks me, "Where is Bobby?"

I reply, "She is busy thinking about how to tease me, so I left without her."

While moving towards school, he says, "Come on, no need to act, so annoyed."

I say, "I am not annoyed just confused."

Shubham, "But I was solved yesterday."

I, "Yes and no. I said I will accept it but I am not completely satisfied with my decision. See, it is not about just wearing feminine clothes and acting like a girl. It is about my career, my future."

By the time we reached school and Shubham says, "We will continue it in recess."

I nod and run towards my class. A teacher scolds me for running in school as I may get injured and it is also not allowed except for playground. I apologize then put my bag on my seat then head towards assembly hall. We pray there and then move back to classes.

I try to concentrate on the class to distract my mind from all of these incidents. Time flew very fast when you concentrate on something and I find that the 5th period is almost over and it's time for lunch.

When the bell rings, everyone heads towards the playground except me. I don't know how Shubham knew I am here because I see him coming into my classroom and say, "I knew you will be here. So back to where we left."

He continues, "Ashu, it is a perfect opportunity for you or any of us. I personally won't hesitate if I get such an offer."

I instantly jump to the point, "OK, then we make a deal."

"and what is that" Shubham.

I, "You propose Bhavika and I will accept this offer and call Sabryna in front of you."

He baffles and starts stammering, "T-t-t-this is che-cheating, you can't do this to me."

I see my plan working and all of this fake act I am doing since morning in front of him is actually working. Yes, I was acting this whole time. Sorry, but I don't kind any other way. I know he will do anything for me that's why I tricked him.

I, "No, it is not. It is a clear deal. If you want me to accept this role then propose her and just don't rush for an answer."

Shubham, "I guess I am defeated. You know I would do anything for my little sister."

I, "Hey, now you don't get started."

Shubham, "Okay sorry. I know you are a big girl, not a little kid." He starts laughing after that.

I, "If you are done, we should move to the playground now. You have something important to do."

His smile fades and he gets nervous at the thought of what he has to do. I was laughing inside my mind the whole time. I know I am playing with his emotions and I shouldn't do it but if you have any better idea then tell me in comments but I don't find anything.

We reach in the playground and I call Bhavika by shouting her name. She saw me waving my hand in the air and she responds by nodding. I wish Shubham all the best and moves aside but not far enough that I can't hear anything.

Shubham speaks, "Hey, actually, I-i I need to talk something important if you are free."

Bhavika, "Sure, what is it?"

Shubham, "Um Hmm, Bhavika, actually actually I want to say that I I really, I mean I really..."

Bhavika, "Come on, why are you so nervous. We are friends and you can tell me anything."

At this, he speaks the entire sentence in less than a second, "Bhavika, I like you and want you to be my girlfriend."

Bhavika blushes hard and her cheeks become hot red.

Shubham continues, "I am sorry, I hid it for so long but I can't do it anymore. You need not give me an answer right now. Just take as much time as you need."

She burst in laughter and call me, "Ashu! you took so long to convince him but I am happy that he finally did it."

Shubham was confused completely because of what Bhavika said. He asks, "What do you mean?"

Bhavika, "Since you were not ready to propose me, Ashu told me that you like me but too much afraid to propose because of some good reasons. I told him that if you really like me then you have to overcome your fears and show the guts to propose me."

Shubham, "So, this means you knew all the time."

Bhavika, "Just from about two weeks ago and your answer is yes. I love to be your girlfriend. I am all yours."

Shubham turns towards me and starts running after me in a mixed feeling of surprise, being tricked, happiness, and a small-small sign of anger. I also start running so that he can't catch me. I couldn't control my laughter anymore and laugh as hard as I could.

He soon catches me and hugs me from behind. He whispers in my ear, "Thank you Ashu. Now, it's your turn."

We three ask my teacher to give me my phone as I need to make an urgent call. She allows me just 5 minutes and I agree by saying thank you, madam.

I call Sabryna and she picks my call instantly like she is waiting for my call only.

Sabryna, "Hello Ashu, how are you? What a pleasant surprise... Have you made your decision?"

I, "Yes madam, I accept this opportunity and promise you that I won't let you down. I am eager to fulfill the rest of the formalities."

Sabryna, "Great, I am glad to hear that. Come to my office tomorrow at 10 in the morning and we will discuss everything else. I want your mom to be there as well."

I, "OK madam, thanks a lot for everything, bye."

The rest of the day passed nothing eventful. I inform mom about our schedule for tomorrow which she agrees and we all celebrate this opportunity. I can see Bobby was the happiest one from all of us.