Meeting Part 1 (Chapter 10)

I pick my bicycle, wait for bobby to come and then we head towards house. I guess Shubham left already to avoid the unavoidable. He must do it before it's too late. Finally, we reach home and instantly greeted by lots of questions like "Did you make the call?", "What did he say?", "When is your meeting?", "Did he told you the agenda of this meeting?" etc.

He put my bag on couch and answer all their questions one by one and asked mom and dad if they could come which they refused saying, "Sorry honey but we need to go to your Aunt's place tomorrow. Why don't you ask Shubham to come with you?"

I reply that I will ask him then I run towards my room. I nearly tripped off the stairs but managed to balance myself, thanks to God.

I call him and he picks after 5 rings, "Hey, what took you so long picking the phone."

Shubham, "Sorry, it was laying in another room and I am teaching Kritika some lessons."

I reply in confusion, "You mean you are with Kritika. Why is she with you.?"

Shubham, "Are you even listening, I just told you that she needed help so I am teaching her."

I reply, "Oh yeah, sorry but I need some help too, not in studies but something else."

Kritika interrupts and speaks in a flirtish tone, "Hi hero, what help do you need? We are here for anything."

I reply smilingly, "You know Kritika, you shouldn't be talking to me like this. You make me embarrassed."

Shubham, "Karma is a bitch, my friend."

I burst in laughter knowing what he means and say, "Ok, ok, now to the point, can you come with me tomorrow at Sabryna's office?"

Before Shubham reply anything, Kritika again interrupts, "Hey, may I come with you too?"

I reply teasingly, "I need someone to take care of me, not someone to whom I need to take care?

I can imagine Kritika pouting while crossing her arms under chest. Shubham says, "Sure, I will."

I thank him and cut the call then go to study till mom calls me for dinner. I ate dinner and go to bed to have some sleep.

Sunday, 3rd January 2016

I wake up at 6:30 am because I already informed my team yesterday that I won't be able to join them for practice today because of the obvious reason. Shubham also texted in group that he is going with me so he will also not join them.

I head downstairs and say cheerfully, "Good morning everyone!"

They return my good morning and wish me luck. Dad says sorry again for not coming with him but I reply that it's ok because Shubham is coming with me and we will be ok together. I sigh in relief that I am not mad at them and how I could be...

Mom says, "Ashu, bathroom is free so you can go quickly and get ready."

I nod and head to the bathroom after collecting my towel. After bath, I move to my room and open my closet to find something appropriate for today. I find my coat hanging on a hanger and I pull it out. Then I pick a white shirt and a brown pant and black shoes matching with my belt and a pair of white socks to complete my outfit of the day.

I realize its just 8:30 a.m. and I have to be there at 12 noon. So, I ask Bobby if she is free so we can play something. She replies that she will be in my room in 5 minutes. When she arrives, she had something in her hand. It was a pen.

She gives it to me and says, "Today may be the biggest day of your life. Maybe you get a role in some movie or anything like that. So, I am giving you my lucky pen. Believe me, it will help you a lot."

Truly I don't believe in such superstitions but it is different, it is her love. So, there is no way I could refuse her. So, I accept it and then we started playing.

At 11 a.m. I call Shubham if he is ready or not. He said that he is ready and also his dad agreed to drive us there. He tells me to meet him in 10 minutes at his door. I am more than happy to hear it.

I quickly grab my wallet and put about Rs. 500 in case I need and run towards Shubham's home. His dad was ready with the car waiting for me when I reached there. Shubham and I wave at each other. I greet his dad Namaste and he nods in response.

We sit in the car and Shubham's dad starts driving. I was staring out of the window during whole drive and waiting to reach destination.

When we reached. Shubham tells me to come out and I do. After that, his dad leaves us there while saying, "Take care."

We don't know exactly the address we need to be at because none of us came here earlier. It took us 30 minutes to find her office after questioning lots of people about the address. Hence, we reached at 11:45 a.m.

I walk towards the receptionist and she says looking at me, "Welcome, how may I help you, Sir?

I reply with a smile, "Thanks, I have an appointment with Ms. Sabrynabrooklynne."

Receptionist, "Your name please."

I, "I am Ashu."

Receptionist, "Yes, please wait in the room 2nd door from left. Would you like to have some tea or coffee or cold drink if you like?"

I, "Thanks, but we are ok."

We move to the room as directed and grab our chairs. After about 10 or 12 minutes, Ms. Sabryna walks in. We stand up and see gestures to keep stay on the chairs.

She asks, "Good afternoon boys. Would you two had any difficulty reaching here."

I reply, "Thanks for asking, we really didn't have some trouble."

Sabryna, "You must be wondering why I called you here. You know, I don't know how to say things complicating or stretching, so I put it straight forward. I want you to work with me on a movie."

I speak in surprise and disbelieve, "M-m-me, you are you offering me a role!"

Sabryna, "Yes! Are you interested?"

I still in disbelief, "Oh my God, Oh my God! What a weird dream!"

Shubham also in somewhat disbelief, "No Ashu, it is true. Although it is too good to be true still it is true."